What are your Archive settings?

Started by DCurry, May 25, 2010, 11:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Just curious what other Apogee users are doing with the built-in Archive settings. Do you use them? What are your settings (scheduling, deleting, etc)? After you run the Archive command, do you put them on DVD for future use and them delete them from wherever Apogee puts them by default?

I haven't messed with it yet so I want to get an idea of what works for others.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

agonyofcain

i use archive all the time.  i leave them in the list until i know the job is closed out then i archive and burn them to disk.  we always have times when i need to pull an old archive.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: agonyofcain on January 24, 2012, 10:13:25 AMi use archive all the time.  i leave them in the list until i know the job is closed out then i archive and burn them to disk.  we always have times when i need to pull an old archive.

I do the same. I have the delivery sheet which contains all jobs going out to cross-reference so I can delete the jobs after I archive them. Once I archive, I burn them to Blu-Ray, catalog them and on the shelf they go until I need them for reprints.
Member #285 - Civilian

DCurry

Well, it's only been almost 2 years since I posted this question, and in that time I've not archived very much. We do a ton of exact reprints, often from last year around the same time, so I am going to keep at least a year's worth of jobs active, if not 2. I've found that keeping the jobs active doesn't take up much room on the system at all - Apogee deletes the 1-bit TIFFs after making plates, so all that's left is the PDF and job settings. If I need to remake plates I just re-render the job.

My question was less about general archiving procedure and more about Apogee-specific settings of Apogee users.

And welcome aboard, agony!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!