learning preps

Started by hotmetal, November 05, 2008, 08:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Youston already hates me. I figured what the hell?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

frailer

As a payback, then, that works.  SendSpace is pretty ugly.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

youston

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 26, 2012, 02:24:22 PMYouston already hates me. I figured what the hell?

Oh, blabitty blah. Life's too short to go around hating people you only know on the Internet. I need to meet you. Then, I'll hate you.

And THANKS AGAIN for the pdf. Seriously. Covering for the impo guy next week ... he doesn't use smart marks. We had them all set up a couple of shops ago, and it saved oh so much time.

The only Preps manual we have here dates back to when ScenicSoft owned it.

DigiCorn

Guess you decided not to risk the sendspace link on the last page. Just emailed you... 12.5 mb for ALL the files. .zip was redundant, but easier to package them all that way than to attach separately.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

youston

Quote from: DigiCorn on April 26, 2012, 03:53:20 PMGuess you decided not to risk the sendspace link on the last page. Just emailed you... 12.5 mb for ALL the files. .zip was redundant, but easier to package them all that way than to attach separately.

Actually, I responded to your PM before I saw your sendspace link. I did download the file at SS, but it made me feel dirty.

Thanks again.

gnubler

Quote from: youston on April 26, 2012, 03:38:16 PMI need to meet you. Then, I'll hate you.

Ditto.  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

it's all about the hatrz

and the love
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Ear

Did I hear group hug? I'm here.  :grin: No reach-arounds.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

David

man, that's the best part...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Youston, was that .zip archive I sent you what you were looking for? There were some sample files and demo pdfs I didn't include. I also have the Preps 6 documentation as well if you need it.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway