I tried the creep feature

Started by Lumpy, February 12, 2009, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Good morning everybody,I tried the creep feature to a job (see attachment).It doesn't look like it worked correctly. On the final piece, it looks like the inner sig pages moved just alittle too much?Any thoughts.Skryber, I know you can help me, please? huh
Son you better watch your back when a poor man gets the blues.

Lumpy

I forgot the attachment. I hate mornings.

Skryber

Did you mic the stock? What was it? Why do you think it moved too much?
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Skryber

Wait, are you looking at a proof or actual printed dummy? Your proof will surely be on different stock and it never comes out looking right when you mock it up.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Stiv

We do not shingle 32 pagers. The creep is insignificant.

32 pages of 70# Offset Text = 0.0406 shingle.

tapdn

I tend to agree with steve and there may be something I'm missing here, but why have you applied horz and vert offsets to each page individually instead of applying to all pages in layout details?
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

DigitalCrapShoveler

I'm also kind of at a loss as to why you would have to have creep on a 32 pager. I don't even think about creep until 72 minimum. Course, that does depend on stock.
Member #285 - Civilian

Tracy

Is your template set up correctly? saddle stitch?
mic the paper and post what you have :smiley:
Prolly dumb question but do you have 1-up pages?

DCurry

Quote from: tapdn on February 12, 2009, 08:05:00 AMI tend to agree with steve and there may be something I'm missing here, but why have you applied horz and vert offsets to each page individually instead of applying to all pages in layout details?
Looks like that is just the automatic centering turned on.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Lumpy

I cut down the 2 sigs on my light table (I tried to cut as accurately as possible).I suppose I need to wait to see what the bindery department ends up with huh?

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Lumpy on February 12, 2009, 09:27:27 AMI cut down the 2 sigs on my light table (I tried to cut as accurately as possible).I suppose I need to wait to see what the bindery department ends up with huh?

Yes. Mic thickness makes all the difference.
Member #285 - Civilian

Stiv

This site has a good basic shingling app.

Shingler

Lumpy

The bodies are on 100#text(.005). The reason I want to add creep is due to the vertical bars on each page. see attached. Thanks everybody.

Skryber

Lumpy