PDF Read Error

Started by tapdn, September 23, 2009, 10:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapdn

I'm gay for Gnub dude!  :kiss:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

frailer

2 questions answered in 1 thread.   :cheesy:   Should I get in there today and fix that pre-emptively in 5.3.3, Joe? Just wondering.   :undecided:

Yeah, some people just don't get that, But then, by posting "off topic", he's kinda joined the club...   :laugh:

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

tapdn

Frailer, so far the only prob I have had is this one customer that upgraded at least one of their machines to Acrobat 9, but I am sure more to come.
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
~Farabomb

gnubler

Quote from: tapdn on September 23, 2009, 01:50:53 PMI'm gay for Gnub dude!  :kiss:

Thanks, Tap. I'm gay for you, too. Do you know how to tango?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

tapdn

No, but I can do the Horizontal Bop  :rolleyes:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

G_Town

I can do the Rumba. :embarrassed:

DigitalCrapShoveler

I can do the Mash Potata!
Member #285 - Civilian

tapdn

...and the Foxtrot  :embarrassed:
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
~Youston
~Farabomb

gnubler

Youston, can you declare this thread the most jacked thread of all time? Or are there better examples? The one that ended up with pictures of 80s legwarmers by the fifth post was, I thought, unbeatable - but this is damn good.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Stiv

frailer

Quote from: tapdn on September 23, 2009, 02:02:16 PMFrailer, so far the only prob I have had is this one customer that upgraded at least one of their machines to Acrobat 9, but I am sure more to come.

Well, we're certainly getting enough CS4 PDFs in to warrant a look at it. I'm back into PREPS again now...haven't experienced any problems. Mind you, we're locked into a Mixed files>PostScript route, Just to get a Script to put page numbers outside bleed.   :rolleyes:
As soon as we figure a way to get 'em on in PDF In/Out, we'll go that way. Going to .ps in PREPS will kinda defeat the APPE 'flow we're now getting in a few weeks...woo hoo!   :woot:

Having mastered, (well 'apprenticed'), Dynastrip in the last year, I now sadly leave it behind. It cannot digest CS4 stuff, and we're not upgrading it. At least 5.3.3 PREPS handles that stuff OK...so far.    :undecided:

Am now awake...it's 0700 here...I see that that adjustment may be for Prinergy users only.     :embarrassed:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Quote from: frailer on September 23, 2009, 03:13:52 PM
Quote from: tapdn on September 23, 2009, 02:02:16 PMFrailer, so far the only prob I have had is this one customer that upgraded at least one of their machines to Acrobat 9, but I am sure more to come.

Well, we're certainly getting enough CS4 PDFs in to warrant a look at it. I'm back into PREPS again now...haven't experienced any problems. Mind you, we're locked into a Mixed files>PostScript route, Just to get a Script to put page numbers outside bleed.   :rolleyes:
As soon as we figure a way to get 'em on in PDF In/Out, we'll go that way. Going to .ps in PREPS will kinda defeat the APPE 'flow we're now getting in a few weeks...woo hoo!   :woot:

Having mastered, (well 'apprenticed'), Dynastrip in the last year, I now sadly leave it behind. It cannot digest CS4 stuff, and we're not upgrading it. At least 5.3.3 PREPS handles that stuff OK...so far.    :undecided:

Am now awake...it's 0700 here...I see that that adjustment may be for Prinergy users only.     :embarrassed:

No, it's for Preps users and Prinergy users or for Preps/Prinergy users. I would make the change just to head off problems at the pass before you get to the pass.

Also, did the EAL I made for the folio numbers not work for you?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

youston

Quote from: gnubler on September 23, 2009, 02:55:55 PMYouston, can you declare this thread the most jacked thread of all time? Or are there better examples? The one that ended up with pictures of 80s legwarmers by the fifth post was, I thought, unbeatable - but this is damn good.

Sorry, gnubler. I had to rescind the HECTOR award. Seems as if this topic meanders back on course after this post.

Threadjack = FAIL.

Better luck next time.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on September 23, 2009, 05:26:33 PMAlso, did the EAL I made for the folio numbers not work for you?

Pretty sure they wouldn't carry over to PREPS in PDF In/Out. But, shall have time to track it again tomorrow. It was a bit fraught around that time...new compadre settling in etc. Shall definitely revisit mañana...thanks for the reminder.

Anyone notice a discussion happening here, while Jack Bullets whistle overhead?  Fifty cal, by the sound of 'em.    :undecided:     :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: frailer on September 24, 2009, 01:51:16 AM
Quote from: Joe on September 23, 2009, 05:26:33 PMAlso, did the EAL I made for the folio numbers not work for you?

Pretty sure they wouldn't carry over to PREPS in PDF In/Out. But, shall have time to track it again tomorrow. It was a bit fraught around that time...new compadre settling in etc. Shall definitely revisit mañana...thanks for the reminder.

Anyone notice a discussion happening here, while Jack Bullets whistle overhead?  Fifty cal, by the sound of 'em.    :undecided:     :laugh:

That's okay, I've got my flak jacket on.

...but I am a tad confused. The EAL puts the folio number on the PDF. As long as you get it into the bleed it should work.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.