Preps 6: Finally diving in...

Started by Joe, February 09, 2012, 11:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Actually not joking at all. We do in fact have certified rulers here. We are ISO certified and it's part of the certification.
Have you check the measurement with more than one ruler?
Is your ruler metal or plastic? If your trying to be precise, it's best to be "precise".

how many times can you legally use the word certify on a sentence?
   :laugh:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

not certified - no iso here. metal ruler. originally discovered on the cutter when one side was cut, the dimensions were entered and it didn't hit the mark. then measured the sheet and then the plate.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Could the cutter be off? I know ours was for a while but somehow it was prepress's fault.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on May 15, 2012, 11:20:20 AMCould the cutter be off? I know ours was for a while but somehow it was prepress's fault.

Cutter, paper shrinkage or growth depending on conditions. It could be a million other things other than Preps.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Think you need to upgrade to CS6, it will fix that problem.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on May 15, 2012, 11:43:27 AMThink you need to upgrade to CS6, it will fix that problem.

Just got the email this morning that it is shipping. :death:

DigiCorn

After measuring with several other rulers and the cutter, I find it more likely to believe that Preps is somehow to blame. We just had a service done on our platesetter and I asked about it then and the tech swore it couldn't happen there.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Output something from both Preps 5 and Preps 6 and see if they are different. Only way to confirm.

DigiCorn

I will be going on vacation at the end of June, and will have to train some noob to replace me for the 10 days I'm out. One of the guys has worked a little with Preps 5, and all the other candidates are dezingers. I made a Preps 6 guide - take a look and see if it will fill the bill. Thanks!

Sorry for the sendspace. here --> http://www.sendspace.com/file/xhyce9
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

I find the command+m method to be very poorly implemented. I can do so much faster and better by dropping pages onto the sheet and stepping and repeating. Also the page numbering tool is really stupid.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait