Preps Template Migration Utility

Started by Joe, March 23, 2013, 11:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

This comes with Preps 6.2 and above. It is supposed to convert all of your templates to Preps 6 templates.

Anyone successfully used it? When I try it, it tells me it found 0 templates. And I know there are lots of templates in there.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

StudioMonkey

It's pointing at the right folder, yes?
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Joe

Yes, the Preps template folder. It has a couple of thousand templates in it.

t-pat

mine looks completely different but does not let me select the templates folder, "open" button greyed out
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

DigiCorn

You saw my post at GUA. It works... but it doesn't convert all marks.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: t-pat on March 25, 2013, 09:17:22 AMmine looks completely different but does not let me select the templates folder, "open" button greyed out

That is the Preps Migration Utility. The one I am talking about is the Preps Template Migration Utility.

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 25, 2013, 09:32:17 AMYou saw my post at GUA. It works... but it doesn't convert all marks.

Like my post said, it does not convert anything for me.

DigiCorn

Are you using the latest version? Email Patrick Kerr. That was a known flaw on an earlier release of the migration utility. It was corrected once.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

I just ran it, maybe you need to select the folder that contains the templates folder and marks folder rather than the templates folder directly (you know, one level up, so it sees the marks)

It worked for me and seems to be better than the old conversions we did because it makes the marks into smart marks.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

Joe

Quote from: t-pat on March 25, 2013, 10:53:04 AMI just ran it, maybe you need to select the folder that contains the templates folder and marks folder rather than the templates folder directly (you know, one level up, so it sees the marks)

It worked for me and seems to be better than the old conversions we did because it makes the marks into smart marks.

Yeah, someone just suggested that over at the GUA forums but I swear I tried that Friday. But tried anyway today and it worked. :old:

All my marks seemed to convert OK Digicorn, maybe you need to upgrade to version 6.3.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on March 25, 2013, 11:04:30 AMAll my marks seemed to convert OK Digicorn, maybe you need to upgrade to version 6.3.
eh. I don't care anymore. A year or so ago, I would have done it, but now I've gone forward.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Actually, if you haven't upgraded to the latest version you are standing still. Not going forward. :tongue:

DigiCorn

One of these days, when I figure out what my eCentral account user name and password are, I will.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Whaddaya know? I guessed right. Only I get this message:

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 25, 2013, 12:31:34 PMOne of these days, when I figure out what my eCentral account user name and password are, I will.

I have it saved to the web server if you want it.

Mac version Preps 6.3 build 129