Preps Template Migration Utility

Started by Joe, March 23, 2013, 11:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 25, 2013, 12:33:57 PMWhaddaya know? I guessed right. Only I get this message:

Yeah, it isn't eCentral anymore. It is the Kodak Partner Place and they revamped their whole site, i.e....screwed it up worse than it ever was, at the beginning of March.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

DigiCorn

actually, that's what I used when I posted that dead link. The Preps 6.3 download link forwards you to the dead eCentral site.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

frailer

Quote from: Joe on March 25, 2013, 12:37:14 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on March 25, 2013, 12:33:57 PMWhaddaya know? I guessed right. Only I get this message:

Yeah, it isn't eCentral anymore. It is the Kodak Partner Place and they revamped their whole site, i.e....screwed it up worse than it ever was, at the beginning of March.

FFS, marketing flacks.  :punchy:   .... howdy pard'ner!
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 25, 2013, 12:50:53 PMactually, that's what I used when I posted that dead link. The Preps 6.3 download link forwards you to the dead eCentral site.

Did this link work?

Mac version Preps 6.3 build 129

DigiCorn

Yes. Thanks you.

Official answer from Kodak:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

"Experiencing issues with Partner Place portal".

:lmao:

The real news bulletin is when it actually works. It is the worst corporate website on the planet. Hands down. No one else is even close.

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Downloaded and upgraded. Very uneventful and boring.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 25, 2013, 03:42:33 PMDownloaded and upgraded. Very uneventful and boring.

No fireworks and marching bands? That is odd.

DigiCorn

Okay. I lied. Now Preps puts a stupid little target-type reg. mark at the bottom center and I can't figure out how to remove it.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Plate center mark? Should be able to turn it off in your preferences I think.

t-pat

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 25, 2013, 04:02:56 PMOkay. I lied. Now Preps puts a stupid little target-type reg. mark at the bottom center and I can't figure out how to remove it.

preferences/output/display punch - kill that
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

DigiCorn

Quote from: t-pat on March 25, 2013, 04:08:33 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on March 25, 2013, 04:02:56 PMOkay. I lied. Now Preps puts a stupid little target-type reg. mark at the bottom center and I can't figure out how to remove it.

{crack of the bat} Home Run!
(roar of the crowd)

thanks!
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: DigiCorn on March 25, 2013, 04:16:45 PM
Quote from: t-pat on March 25, 2013, 04:08:33 PM

{crack of the bat} Home Run!
(roar of the crowd)

thanks!

That mark indicates to the pressman, where the paper is supposed to line up.
Member #285 - Civilian