Why the Fvck

Started by Farabomb, July 26, 2013, 11:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Ok, I'm trying to fix a tumble job where we noticed the backup off before we actually backed it up. I want to make another set of plates so it can back up correctly making this a sheetwise tumble.

I figure simple, move the front .08 right to match the back and move the back .08 left to match the font. WHY THE FUCK ISN'T IT PLAYING NICE?

I've given up on the original template, made a single sided one thinking it's the tumble that's screwing it up. Still no dice.

Any hints?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

Off on the VPS? Off on the preview in Preps? (slide the slider)
Are you applying any offsets or using Media size? We're finding best results doing "Press sheet size" and applying the plate offset at the setter.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

DigiCorn

Quote from: t-pat on July 26, 2013, 11:20:20 AMOff on the VPS? Off on the preview in Preps? (slide the slider)
Are you applying any offsets or using Media size? We're finding best results doing "Press sheet size" and applying the plate offset at the setter.
ditto. sometimes I just move the impo in pdf via pitstop
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

No offsets, no media size just moving it in preps the direction I think it should go.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DCurry

You would only move the front. When you move the back, you're just undoing what you did to the front (assuming you are using a true Work and Tumble form, not single-sided.)
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Farabomb

I think I got it but so I would only move the front and the back would move the opposite way?

Pretty sure I did that and it didn't work.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

work and tumble should automatically back up in Preps - if not, Preps is completely broken. If you set the job up as work and tumble, you should see the job backs up, regardless of where you have set the gripper. The distance from the center of the sheet to the trim and the distance from gripper and distance from tail should be symmetrical regardless.

Draw a box that indicates your press sheet size or put some lines at gripper and tail, and image the plate, if the distances are all equal from your trim to the gripper or tail, front and back, the problem is not Preps but somewhere along the line in your workflow.
vdp donkey

t-pat

also you are welcome to load and try this config file - this is our standard. Place this in a folder inside your Preps application folder, within the Profiles folder.
vdp donkey

DigiCorn

I should have clarified that I only move the impo in Preps or Pitstop for digital press, which doesn't back up well. For press, t-pat is 100% right. Preps will automatically back up nuts on.

It sounds like you have a punch position problem, where Preps isn't centering your impo properly on the plate/proof.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

t-pat

my config file above has press sheet edge to punch center set to zero. As I said above, we do the setback on plate at the setter, less room for confusion that way. I agree, guessing that this could be the problem? Not sure. Measure Measure Measure!
vdp donkey

Farabomb

I guess I should have mentioned it's not backing up because the fucking designer puts it on a much larger piece and doesn't center the artwork. It's not preps that's messing up the backup it's the shitty art I fed it.

Next dipshit that sends work that's not to size it's getting kicked back.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Farabomb

I have it sorted now or at least I hope.

I so don't fucking care anymore.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

t-pat

so the art isn't centered front and back on the trimbox or whatever you're having preps use as a point of reference? Nice.

This is why we enforce strict trimbox accuracy in our workflow.
vdp donkey

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on July 26, 2013, 01:47:57 PMI so don't fucking care anymore.

Have a beer on me. I'll fax you a ten.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Quote from: t-pat on July 26, 2013, 01:49:00 PMso the art isn't centered front and back on the trimbox or whatever you're having preps use as a point of reference? Nice.

This is why we enforce strict trimbox accuracy in our workflow.
yeah - that could do it. I always check that shit before I rip/impose.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway