Grand Sherpa 50

Started by dledbetter, March 03, 2009, 01:58:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dledbetter

Our GS50 has developed an ink consumption issue, two of the ink cartridges are draining out too fast, the ink is just going down the drain as we are not running a lot of proofs right now.

This problem started on a Friday I replaced a Lt black cartridge and a cleaning (transition fluid) cartridge that were empty, I did a normal clean and that was it for the day. On Monday I did my usual power cleaning in the morning, then in the afternoon I went to do a normal cleaning and I saw there was an error message on the GS50 and found that both new cartridges were drained empty, I replaced and monitored them to see if they would drain out again right away they did not but they are draining out a whole lot faster then they should.

Has anyone experience this or know how to fix it? or did you have to call in a technician to fix it. I have no service contract on this machine since agfa dropped all service on the sherpas.

Thanks for any help you might have. If I need to have a tech come in can you recommend a company to use.

-Dan

ernierad

Raise the ink waste tank bottle to the height of the cartridges

Slappy

That Reply was over 10 years in the making - hope the guy's still in business!  :rotf:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DigiCorn

Hope he hasn't been waiting 10 years on an answer.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Probably went bankrupt from all the ink that was getting wasted.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.