Anyone using Adobe CC

Started by RMPrepress, July 24, 2013, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Guess what we're downloading tomorrow.
 :death:
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

A virus.

Cleverly disguised as an Adobe product.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: Sabrina The Turd Polisher on August 29, 2013, 12:25:24 PMGuess what we're downloading tomorrow.

You may want to kick that download off now if you want to see it by tomorrow. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

she'll see the error message when she gets in on Tuesday that the download failed/timed out

:toaster:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

Quote from: Joe on August 29, 2013, 01:11:47 PM
Quote from: Sabrina The Turd Polisher on August 29, 2013, 12:25:24 PMGuess what we're downloading tomorrow.

You may want to kick that download off now if you want to see it by tomorrow. :laugh:

Maybe kick off Friday; pick up Monday.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

frailer

David saw me and raised me one.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

DigiCorn

Fuck Creative Cloud.

why?

Because Fuck Abode. That's why.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: frailer on August 29, 2013, 04:41:09 PMDavid saw me and raised me one.

That's because Monday is a holiday here.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on August 29, 2013, 04:52:49 PM
Quote from: frailer on August 29, 2013, 04:41:09 PMDavid saw me and raised me one.

That's because Monday is a holiday here.

Of course it is, silly me. Friday 0900 here, awaiting a large download link so I can XMF-it, and turn around 3D and PDF spreads back to NY before close of their day. We need to start printing our Monday. Are the files here? Well no, of course.  :rolleyes:

frailer

Quote from: DigiCorn on August 29, 2013, 04:41:18 PMFuck Creative Cloud.

why?

Spelling adjusted to kill hotlink. I just have a thing about them.

DigiCorn

Quote from: frailer on August 29, 2013, 05:03:18 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on August 29, 2013, 04:41:18 PMFuck Creative Cloud.

why?

Spelling adjusted to kill hotlink. I just have a thing about them.
I'm dyslecix
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

frailer

Waste of time then; didn't need to flag the edit.   :laugh:

gnubler

:laugh:  I love this thread.

One of our workstations upgraded to CC a couple months back. About 2 weeks ago it just "stopped working" with no indication why. Turns out Abode deactivated the account because the credit card on file was due to expire at the end of the month. No warning, no easy way to fix the problem. Bosslady ended up on the phone with those cretins for at least an hour each day for 2 days in a row. I overheard bits & pieces...funneh. Still not fixed.

I advised against CC at the time and only now am I being heard. Looks like we're dumping it and will continue to use CS3 & CS5 "forever".
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

It's all a soften-up job. They're aiming to get peoples' direct bank details, PINs, DOBs, the works... Then there'll be no delays/cut-offs.
FWIW, our own head office had similar problems. In this case boss's credit card was used overseas, but if you don't tell the bank before you leave, withdrawals over a certain amount trigger an anti-fraud stop-card. Oh, and then there was the hitch where they'd signed for an introductory/'trial' discount, but Abode hadn't transitioned over nicely when they opted to continue. I think much time was wasted; not by me, TG.