Anyone using Adobe CC

Started by RMPrepress, July 24, 2013, 01:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RMPrepress

We just got 5 CC seats last week and so far so good.  To get the Adobe Cloud to work on all our Mac's I had to also issue an email address to 4 operators who before were not allowed to have email ..the ownership was not to thrilled about that or the $200 a month cost!

I was also just starting to look into how to get Pitstop 11.2 on Acrobat 11, I currently have it running on Acrobat 10 and also have 9 loaded...have no problems with all three open.
Anyone using Acrobat 11 with Pitstop 11.2 and soon to be Pitsop 12 in several days?
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 10.0 and Kodak Proofing System 10.1
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

Mikie

why are your operators not allowed email? That's just, wrong lol.

edit. I just read your sig. that's a lot of presses... and your operators don't have email??? I am baffled lol

Joe

Quote from: RMPrepress on September 05, 2013, 06:51:36 PMWe just got 5 CC seats last week and so far so good.  To get the Adobe Cloud to work on all our Mac's I had to also issue an email address to 4 operators who before were not allowed to have email ..the ownership was not to thrilled about that or the $200 a month cost!

I was also just starting to look into how to get Pitstop 11.2 on Acrobat 11, I currently have it running on Acrobat 10 and also have 9 loaded...have no problems with all three open.
Anyone using Acrobat 11 with Pitstop 11.2 and soon to be Pitsop 12 in several days?

I know Pitstop 12 works on Acrobat XI. For getting Pitstop 11.2 working on Acrobat XI you may need to manually copy the Pitstop plugin folder into the Acrobat XI application (Show Package Contents). No guarantee that will work though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Haven't really given it a workout, but PSPro 11.2 seems fine with Acrobat XI. Just whiskered it in by the deadline from 10 to 11 before we would have had to pay for PSPro12, though. :relieved:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

RMPrepress

Believe it or not ownership would not allow our prepress department to have Internet access at all until about 10 months ago. Paranoia about virus's getting at our live jobs and such.

The change came when I finally convinced them we needed to move into the 21st Century and we rewired our entire building with Cat6 cable
and all new router/firewall, full gigabit switches, wireless AP's and upgraded from 2 T1 lines to 4 T1's for faster uploads and downloads (now getting 700 KB/sec downloads)
Oh how I miss downloading an upgrade on my laptop and moving it around on a usb drive to 5 workstations  :shoots_self: ...it was ridiculous!!

Now our prepress is rockin' it is certainly faster having everything connected with a full gigabit network...jumbo frames running too on the Macs can copy a 2GB in about 45 seconds and the internet too!....but i digress... :offtopic:

RMPrepress

Pitstop Pro 11 and 11.2 on Acrobat 10 has been flawless for us on 5 workstations for well over a year now ...I hate to rock the boat.
Will probably wait until PP12 comes out and make the move then or wait a few months and see what the reviews are, I hate to upgrade right away.

Grimace

Need to have 11.2 to install on Acrobat XI
I just ran the installer and no issues up and running right away.

RMPrepress

Did you previously have it installed on Acrobat 10?
Did it pickup all your settings and local folders (if you use any) that you had set up on Acrobat 10?

Grimace

Quote from: RMPrepress on September 09, 2013, 04:23:03 PMDid you previously have it installed on Acrobat 10?
Did it pickup all your settings and local folders (if you use any) that you had set up on Acrobat 10?

Yes installed on X.
I only just got Pitstop about 3 months ago, I'm still floundering and do not have any of my own presets, so, I don't know if it will transfer those.

Farabomb

Can anyone that's current on indy CC backsave a file for me? My digital guy that normally does it is out to lunch and not known when he is coming back.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40594243/EXXI_AR13_CVR_FNL_RV2.indd

Thanks.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

David

it only has the word "final" in it once, and only on rev 2?

obviously, not ready to print.

carry on.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

I've been screwing with this file for 3 weeks. Everything is final.

I'm so close but I need a file I can open so I can finish it. Everything is a rush and I don't have the tools needed...
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Quote from: Farabomb on September 11, 2013, 11:21:24 AMEverything is final.

Doubt it. Wait til you start plating the job, then get back to us.  :hello:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

Quote from: Farabomb on September 11, 2013, 11:21:24 AMI'm so close but I need a file I can open so I can finish it. Everything is a rush and I don't have the tools needed...

That pretty much sums up printing & prepress in general.  :drunk3: