David

nobody move or the IT guy gets it...

:rotf:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: Joe on September 15, 2021, 11:47:41 AM
Check your PM's. I sent you a link.

Okay, that worked Joe, now, could I please ask you to defer your retirement plans till I retire in about 3 years 11 months?  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

abc

Seems to only be a problem on Mac, not Windows.
That would seem to be logical, as one of the major features of this Acrobat update is support for the new Apple Silicon ARM machines.

Will let you know more when I get it.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on September 15, 2021, 12:24:15 PM
Quote from: Joe on September 15, 2021, 11:47:41 AM
Check your PM's. I sent you a link.

Okay, that worked Joe, now, could I please ask you to defer your retirement plans till I retire in about 3 years 11 months?  :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

hahaha...we're interviewing a prospective replacement next Tuesday.

born2print

Quote from: david on September 15, 2021, 12:19:40 PM
nobody move or the IT guy gets it...

:rotf:
Do as he say! Do as he say!!!
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: abc on September 15, 2021, 12:25:40 PM
That would seem to be logical, as one of the major features of this Acrobat update is support for the new Apple Silicon ARM machines.

Is the day looming ahead when this industry will be windows only? I wonder. Fiery XF server will only run on pcs now. The guy at EFI told me they could not re-engineer their software to adapt to Apple's many changes. I would be okay with that, i am using a pc about half of the time anyway.

born2print

I just threw-up in my mouth a little bit, excuse me.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: born2print on September 15, 2021, 02:15:44 PM
I just threw-up in my mouth a little bit, excuse me.

Yeah, well there was a time I would feel the same way, but keeping up with Apples ever changing tech landscape could be a big issue going forward. I think they are more concerned with iphones and ipads these days.

born2print

Good point, I am a fan of Android so...

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on September 15, 2021, 02:06:39 PM
Quote from: abc on September 15, 2021, 12:25:40 PM

Is the day looming ahead when this industry will be windows only? I wonder. Fiery XF server will only run on pcs now. The guy at EFI told me they could not re-engineer their software to adapt to Apple's many changes. I would be okay with that, i am using a pc about half of the time anyway.

As long as it is after 12/31/21 I'm OK with that.

born2print

pspdfppdfxhd

More than likely will be. I am probably a lot more comfortable with windows than most of y'all having to deal with excel with alot of mailing and variable work. Windows 10 has been solid as a rock and if Creative Cloud could run on it without font issues, etc., it would not be a big leap. I could just use iMac 5k monitor for a remote desktop like i do now when i need the pc. My retirement date will be between 3 years and infinity, so I am sure to be dealing with it.

EFI has abandoned running it's sever on a mac. Our Navigator rip client will not work on any os above mojave. All the plugins we need could run on a pc.

pspdfppdfxhd

Torn between two platforms, feeling like a fool, loving both of you, is breaking all the rules......