News:

Main Menu

.inx files

Started by agent_orange, January 30, 2008, 11:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

Nope, I couldn't open it. It seems to get hung up on "dirhead_blue2.eps." I'm also using CS2 and could not open "dirhead_blue2.eps" because it's a Illy Cs3 file also. I rastered the file in PS and it's the header for all your pages.

ninjaPB_43

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on January 30, 2008, 01:47:14 PM
Quote from: Joe  on January 30, 2008, 01:46:21 PMStill have a customer using it actually.

YIKES!!   :huh:

LOL...it's newer than Quark 4, PageMaker 6.5, 7.0 and maybe Quark 5 and I have plenty of customers still using those too.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

jimking

I think my first version of Indy was 1.5.... I think. I thought at the time that this program is going to kill Pagemaker (not Quark).

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe  on January 30, 2008, 01:52:17 PMLOL...it's newer than Quark 4, PageMaker 6.5, 7.0 and maybe Quark 5 and I have plenty of customers still using those too.

I dont envy you at all...    :P

I got the same results as Jim with the files..   didnt take the time to raster the eps.  Its interesting nonetheless to know that an Illy CS3 .eps file can cause this though..    I can save the .eps back a version to CS2, if you'd like..   

edit: this is WIndows file.  I only have CS3 on Mac(for now) 
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

Quote from: jimking on January 30, 2008, 01:55:07 PMI think my first version of Indy was 1.5.... I think. I thought at the time that this program is going to kill Pagemaker (not Quark).

At one time I had InDesign 1.0 and I knew it was no threat to anything. It really sucked. I was impressed when 1.5 came out and then 2.0 really blew the doors off of page layout. You could run 2.0 as a classic app or as an OS X app so I'm thinking it was even newer than Quark 5. That just shows how far behind Quark fell when OS X came along.

[/threadjack]
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

agent_orange

Yeah, if you don't mind saving that Illy down for me, I'd appreciate it....

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on January 30, 2008, 01:55:15 PM
Quote from: Joe  on January 30, 2008, 01:52:17 PMLOL...it's newer than Quark 4, PageMaker 6.5, 7.0 and maybe Quark 5 and I have plenty of customers still using those too.

I dont envy you at all...    :P

I got the same results as Jim with the files..   didnt take the time to raster the eps.  Its interesting nonetheless to know that an Illy CS3 .eps file can cause this though..    I can save the .eps back a version to CS2, if you'd like..   

edit: this is WIndows file.  I only have CS3 on Mac(for now) 

jezza

Beach balling when I try and open it, bear with me, I'm sleepy UK  :sleepy:
one sick prepress mofo

ninjaPB_43

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zw01dg

there's a CS .eps file(dirhead_blue2.eps)...   try replacing that..

I hope you can get it to work for you..  I must be leaving now, so I wont be here to find out if you got it sorted until later tonight, or in the morning...

later all!!   :cool:

almaink

FYI don't rasterize Illy eps files because you don't have CS3 Illy, just drop those suckers on Distiller
and convert them to PDF's. Vectors are cleaner...
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

jimking

Quote from: almaink on January 31, 2008, 08:18:49 AMFYI don't rasterize Illy eps files because you don't have CS3 Illy, just drop those suckers on Distiller
and convert them to PDF's. Vectors are cleaner...
Correct. I only rastered it -72 rgb- for speed and to see what the image was that was hanging it up. I don't have Cs3.

EyeTech

I had a little time on my hands and have downloaded the problem file.

The inx opened successfully after about 15mins - one file missing in the links pallette (it's the .xml file).

Here's a screengrab...
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: EyeTech on January 31, 2008, 09:07:00 AMI had a little time on my hands and have downloaded the problem file.

The inx opened successfully after about 15mins - one file missing in the links pallette (it's the .xml file).

Here's a screengrab...

I noticed that too when I opened the native CS3 file..   :undecided:  guess I should have mentioned it.  I was going to try and make my own .inx file to try and open in CS2 but couldnt load all the fonts that are PC based...

EyeTech

Further to my earlier post - I saved the file as CS2 closed and reopened it, opening took about 6 seconds.

'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page