Editing PDFs with illustrator Good or BAD?

Started by Exploded, April 11, 2008, 08:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

I know, and I miss the quarrels between Matt and Pointy. I was particularly amused by the new terminology of "went all caps on me". That's classic.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

delooch

Quote from: Joe  on April 11, 2008, 09:19:20 AMSometimes ya gotta do what you gotta do. User beware though. Adobe will even tell you that Illustrator is NOT a PDF editor. Occasionally I open them in Photoshop tbut that's not recommended either.

"if it gets the job done..."

If I cant fix it in pitstop, then its off to illy. Fonts are always outlined first.  Then I pray to the postscript gods the rest of the file opens accurately). 

There always is a right way, and then theres they way you have to...

born2print

Quote from: tuff_gong on April 11, 2008, 11:38:55 AMI posted on another board about editing pdfs in AI, and Matt Bealls went all caps on me.
PMSL! that's awesome! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

edit: I see I'm not the only one

edit: I SEE I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!!
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

frailer

Quote from: tuff_gong on April 11, 2008, 11:38:55 AMI posted on another board about editing pdfs in AI, and Matt Bealls went all caps on me.

...yeah, knowledgable guy on this stuff. It is a bee in his bonnet. But ALL CAPS earns you extra. You're ahead on points!   :cheesy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

agent_orange

I wasn't going to bring it up but why doesn't Matt post over here? I mean, I know he's still alive because I saw him post on the other site  :wink:

Oh no, I just admitted I've been there. It's strictly for recon purposes guys, I swear.

Did Pointy run him off?

Joe

Quote from: agent_orange on April 11, 2008, 06:46:04 PMI wasn't going to bring it up but why doesn't Matt post over here? I mean, I know he's still alive because I saw him post on the other site  :wink:

Oh no, I just admitted I've been there. It's strictly for recon purposes guys, I swear.

Did Pointy run him off?

I have no idea and I know he knows we are here. I do know that when PPF folded up he decided to create his own forum.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

tuff_gong

You know where I see matt posting..............

The official Microsoft PUBLISHER forums.

It's true.
"Cops Nab Co-Eds in Pot Orgy"

DigitalCrapShoveler

Remember a few weeks ago with that PitStop problem we were having on that cyan scale? Matt helped out on that... I actually heard about him through here, PB maybe, I don't remember, but I joined his forum, and he was very courteous and forthcoming. Not a lot of posting going on over there, but it looks a lot like this one. I have read some of his posts on PPF, (research only, I promise :)) and he does seem a little too passionate about PDFs, but WTF do I know.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on April 11, 2008, 09:04:31 PMRemember a few weeks ago with that PitStop problem we were having on that cyan scale? Matt helped out on that... I actually heard about him through here, PB maybe, I don't remember, but I joined his forum, and he was very courteous and forthcoming. Not a lot of posting going on over there, but it looks a lot like this one. I have read some of his posts on PPF, (research only, I promise :)) and he does seem a little too passionate about PDFs, but WTF do I know.

He has some other forums and web sites too.

DigitalCrapShoveler

I only know of the one site. I do know he frequents many others, but I didn't know he had several himself.

I will never defect Joe, you made a big mistake...well actually Frailer made the mistake of inviting me over here, now I am like a snug cockroach living in your cupboards, not even RAID can stop me. Not even ORKIN can stop me. Okay, baboons would stop me, but how easy are they to catch and train to kill?
Member #285 - Civilian

Lucius

Joe

Quote from: Lucius on April 11, 2008, 09:30:29 PMmaybe someone should ask him

Everyone was invited from PPF before it was shut down and Matt did join the B4Print forums when it was hosted at InvisionFree. He never made the move when we moved from InvisionFree to here at our own domain.

Joe

Okay, just for the heck of it I sent him an email invitation. We'll see.

ninjaPB_43

I have a strong suspicion he is signed up here but people cant ask him because they dont know who he is.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Ear

I know, I wish Matt would come hang out with us... alright, who has the MattSignal?

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black