News:

Main Menu

Acrobat 9

Started by almaink, June 02, 2008, 08:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

almaink

It's here.
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/?promoid=BPDDU

I looked, but didn't see a new download for it on Adobes Partners page.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

pdboddy

I was just coming here to post that very link.  Scooped!

However, it's due July 2008.  But if you have one of the CS3 collections, you can update Acrobat to 9.  And I think the trial version is uploaded as well.

Somewhat overlooked, Adobe announced the beta of Acrobat.com, it appears to be something along the same lines as Photoshop Express, an online version of Acrobat.

EDIT: Yep, tried to download it, and right at the top it says under the box, "PREORDER".  Clicking on the Try link gives me a form allowing me to submit my name and email address, for them to let me know when the trial version becomes available.  Anyone try upgrading yet, those with CS3?

EDIT #2: Zdnet has a preview here.

EDIT #3: Computer World has a lengthier preview here.

Joe

Oh shit...Standard, Pro, and Pro Extended and not a one of them tailored to PREPRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But hell, it can't be any worse than Acrobat 8, right?

Video & Flash. WooHoo...can't wait to explain to customers why their printed piece can't contain moving video or flash.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Upgrade is $159.00. You can preorder but I haven't. Being in the Adobe CS partner thing we should get a copy when it becomes available, right Alma?

pdboddy

Quote from: Joe  on June 02, 2008, 08:39:49 AMOh shit...Standard, Pro, and Pro Extended and not a one of them tailored to PREPRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But hell, it can't be any worse than Acrobat 8, right?

Video & Flash. WooHoo...can't wait to explain to customers why their printed piece can't contain moving video or flash.

:rolleyes:  I can't wait to have that conversation, "Well, I know you can embed flash into pdfs, but paper doesn't have that capability... yet."

And uh... worse than 8?  Is that possible?

Joe

Quote from: pdboddy on June 02, 2008, 08:44:16 AM
Quote from: Joe  on June 02, 2008, 08:39:49 AMOh shit...Standard, Pro, and Pro Extended and not a one of them tailored to PREPRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But hell, it can't be any worse than Acrobat 8, right?

:rolleyes:  I can't wait to have that conversation, "Well, I know you can embed flash into pdfs, but paper doesn't have that capability... yet."

I sure as heck hope not. :huh:

pdboddy

Quote from: Joe  on June 02, 2008, 08:51:24 AM
Quote from: pdboddy on June 02, 2008, 08:44:16 AM

I sure as heck hope not. :huh:

I'm running out of computers to put different versions of Acrobat on!   :tongue:

Joe

You can load more than one version on your Mac. I have 4, 5, 6, 7, & 8 on mine. Now where is that floppy disk with Acrobat 3 on it? :laugh:

pdboddy

Yeah, 6 and 7 don't play well together on Windows, and I am guessing it will be like that from 6 upwards.   :tongue:  The thing is... will a Windows version install properly on a Mac, if the Mac is an intel Mac?  The Mac is a fairly new beastie in our shop.  Only three so far, and only three people with any experience with them... so most of our older Adobe software was bought for and used on various flavours of Windows.

Joe

Quote from: pdboddy on June 02, 2008, 09:08:43 AMYeah, 6 and 7 don't play well together on Windows, and I am guessing it will be like that from 6 upwards.   :tongue:  The thing is... will a Windows version install properly on a Mac, if the Mac is an intel Mac?  The Mac is a fairly new beastie in our shop.  Only three so far, and only three people with any experience with them... so most of our older Adobe software was bought for and used on various flavours of Windows.

Yes and no. If you use Bootcamp or Parallels and run Windows you can install it. You cannot install Windows software to run under the Mac OS though.

pdboddy

Quote from: Joe  on June 02, 2008, 09:16:49 AM
Quote from: pdboddy on June 02, 2008, 09:08:43 AMYeah, 6 and 7 don't play well together on Windows, and I am guessing it will be like that from 6 upwards.   :tongue:  The thing is... will a Windows version install properly on a Mac, if the Mac is an intel Mac?  The Mac is a fairly new beastie in our shop.  Only three so far, and only three people with any experience with them... so most of our older Adobe software was bought for and used on various flavours of Windows.

Yes and no. If you use Bootcamp or Parallels and run Windows you can install it. You cannot install Windows software to run under the Mac OS though.

Hmmm, I'll have to check with the boss to see if we have Bootcamp somewhere...

Joe

Quote from: pdboddy on June 02, 2008, 09:20:17 AM

If you have a new Mac you do. It's included with the OS (Leopard). With Bootcamp you cannot have both Windows and the Mac OS running at the same time. You have to boot the Mac into one or the other. With Parallels (not free) you can run them both at the same time.

almaink

" Being in the Adobe CS partner thing we should get a copy when it becomes available, right Alma?"

I would hope so. May take a while before it gets uploaded to the Partners Download page tho.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

pmhapp

Quote from: Joe  link=topic=1775.msg28852#msg28852 date=1212420694
Quote from: pdboddy on June 02, 2008, 09:20:17 AM

If you have a new Mac you do. It's included with the OS (Leopard). With Bootcamp you cannot have both Windows and the Mac OS running at the same time. You have to boot the Mac into one or the other. With Parallels (not free) you can run them both at the same time.
Don't forget VMWare Fusion. Cheaper, and more stable.

ninjaPB_43

Acrobat v22 slated for November 2008.  :evil:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley