Who uses Flattener Preview?

Started by DCurry, September 05, 2009, 06:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beermonster

Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Tracy

I suppose the problem is 2 people leaving at the same time. Training the right person would be great.
Some people love to learn!
Ive had to learn most prepress on my own. which is why I learn new stuff all the time.
I hope to work with someone with more knowledge than me someday!
my 2 cents, good luck D!

hotmetal

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on September 08, 2009, 05:36:04 AMBe careful Dan.... there are many that claim to know, but don't... not even close.

Amen, DCS. A few simple questions can weed out a lot of fakers, that's for sure. Problem is that the person doing the hiring, 'specially 'round heah, don't know any such questions to ask. (I'd ask how they get a PDF out of Quark, for instance.) On the other hand, we're not liable to hire anybody around heah before I retire, and after that it's not my problem!

I use the flattener previewers in Illy and Indy all the time. Our clients use a lot of spots with 4C, and almost everything gets diecut. If you leave everything on one layer and that layer's reeking with PSDs and transparencies the dieline gets flattened too, converted to a fill (which the CAD plotter upstairs won't recognize) or, worse, some nitwit out there gave it a 100% multiply instead of an overprint, and it affects the underlying colors... which no one ever notices because the die showing on the proof hides the problem...

So, yeah, I use it.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

beermonster

yo hotmetal - thats my world right there mate :grin:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world