New Mac Minis out

Started by frailer, June 15, 2010, 03:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

New Mini_Aussie site

In time for the CS5/Intel upgrade. Now openable for upgrade, (no case 'cracking'), You can order with 8GB Ram now, but they always took 8, OWC-style. As usual, you pay around $700 for the privilege of 6GB Ram from Apple. TG for OWC!

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Tracy

Chelle

Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

DigiCorn

I heard these are coming out in October
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

Dang, that looks like the first Mac I ever worked with. Wish I'd had that orange color then.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on June 15, 2010, 03:23:29 AMNew Mini_Aussie site

In time for the CS5/Intel upgrade. Now openable for upgrade, (no case 'cracking'), You can order with 8GB Ram now, but they always took 8, OWC-style. As usual, you pay around $700 for the privilege of 6GB Ram from Apple. TG for OWC!

Something that size looks like it should cost $99! :laugh: Amazing the power they can put in such a small package.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on June 15, 2010, 02:58:40 PMAmazing the power you can put in such a small package.

Fixed. I think Youston's wife said something like that last night.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Syphon

Well, Frailer, you got me trained.
Since you bring up Mac Minis often on this forum, when I read about new Mac Minis out, the first thing I thought of was you.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

frailer

Quote from: Syphon on June 15, 2010, 05:31:51 PMWell, Frailer, you got me trained.
Since you bring up Mac Minis often on this forum, when I read about new Mac Minis out, the first thing I thought of was you.
LOL. it's finally working!     :laugh:   But if I haven't got you salivating after one, I've failed.    :cheesy:   My concern was that Apple would quietly bury them...leave the mass market to iMacs...pro-market to the Pros.
But they haven't. Now, I want you to all buy one to keep them in production....   :laugh:

I'll now being singing 'Eloise' in my head....all day.    :rolleyes:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Syphon

My mother has a first generation Mini. It sucks.
Very small HD and under powered and no graphic card or DVD burner.
Maybe I might buy her a new one later this summer when I could afford the $700.
I don't want to spend too much on a computer for her since she rarely use a computer at home and is not hooked up to the web.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

frailer

Yeah, the first G4 ones were a bit basic. Different beast now though.

Joe

We upgraded a couple of sales people and a writer recently to the G4 Mac Mini. They love them. They had been using G3's though. :laugh:

frailer

Quote from: Joe on June 15, 2010, 06:21:44 PMWe upgraded a couple of sales people and a writer recently to the G4 Mac Mini. They love them. They had been using G3's though. :laugh:

It's all relative.   :grin:

What I do need to look into is whether the RAM that OWC had available for the previous model is applicable to the new ones.

Man, they waste no time over there...  new Mini RAM upgrades

WharfRat

get the mac mini "server"
and cure many ills

MSD

Joe

Quote from: WharfRat on June 15, 2010, 07:52:16 PMget the mac mini "server"
and cure many ills

MSD

Like what? I can't see getting server if it's not needed.