Ubuntu Karmic Koala Guide

Started by frailer, August 11, 2010, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

I put this through XMF and Exported a 3D file. When I get some spare time,   :rolleyes:, I want to give Ubuntu another go. Reads well. Did it this way just for summin different.  And to test that everyone's up to date with their Java Runtime.   :laugh:
I have sneaked these proofs past the gatekeeper a few times, (she doesn't like them), and clients think they're useful/fun. We also Black Magic and soft-proof Optimised/imposed as well, of course.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uc7nrw
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on August 11, 2010, 07:04:46 PMI put this through XMF and Exported a 3D file. When I get some spare time,   :rolleyes:, I want to give Ubuntu another go. Reads well. Did it this way just for summin different.  And to test that everyone's up to date with their Java Runtime.   :laugh:
I have sneaked these proofs past the gatekeeper a few times, (she doesn't like them), and clients think they're useful/fun. We also Black Magic and soft-proof Optimised/imposed as well, of course.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uc7nrw

{your link worked} :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

PS: Your Karmic Koala is a version behind the current Lucid Lynx (10.04). :wink:

Joe

And Maverick Meerkat is the code name for Ubuntu 10.10, scheduled for release on 10 October 2010...

Joe

And just because I'm bored...here's the whole shebang.

frailer

Quote from: Joe on August 11, 2010, 07:31:01 PMAnd just because I'm bored...here's the whole shebang.

:laugh:

Quote from: Joe on August 11, 2010, 07:11:02 PMPS: Your Karmic Koala is a version behind the current Lucid Lynx (10.04). :wink:

It's OK, I'm well-used to being behind the curve...   :grin:  May actually get to 'tidy the spare room' soon, hook up the currently unused, almost new PC, and load some sort of...well, animal, I guess.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

frailer

The 'gatekeeper' at Hd Off returns Monday. Am anticipating a call..."Who authorised you to send (insert client person) a 3D proof?!"  Time for some fun.   :evil:

Joe

Quote from: frailer on August 11, 2010, 07:39:35 PMThe 'gatekeeper' at Hd Off returns Monday. Am anticipating a call..."Who authorised you to send (insert client person) a 3D proof?!"  Time for some fun.   :evil:

Good luck.

:wife:

frailer

Quote from: Joe on August 11, 2010, 07:44:02 PM
Quote from: frailer on August 11, 2010, 07:39:35 PMThe 'gatekeeper' at Hd Off returns Monday. Am anticipating a call..."Who authorised you to send (insert client person) a 3D proof?!"  Time for some fun.   :evil:

Good luck.

It'll make life interesting, if nothing else.

Below Pasted the instructions I send out with 3D proofs. FYI...for anyone wanting to have a squizz at the file.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Double-clicking on the file should trigger self-install via IzPak Installer which is nested in the file. You do not need any third-party software.
You will have to have Java Runtime on your computer, preferably the latest which you can download from the Sun Microsystems site. Most people will already have this for web-related viewing.
If you are on a Mac preferably unZip using using Stuffit Expander. This will only be necessary if the file has been Zipped, which most-times it won't have been.
Go to Window>Zoom Window to max your screen view.

Left mouse button_hold and drag = turn pages.
Left mouse+Control Key+mouse backwards/forwards =  enlarge to desired screen-fit.
Right Mouse, hold and move = orientation of book adjustment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe

Quote from: frailer on August 11, 2010, 07:50:10 PM
Quote from: Joe on August 11, 2010, 07:44:02 PM

Good luck.

It'll make life interesting, if nothing else.

Below Pasted the instructions I send out with 3D proofs. FYI...for anyone wanting to have a squizz at the file.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Double-clicking on the file should trigger self-install via IzPak Installer which is nested in the file. You do not need any third-party software.
You will have to have Java Runtime on your computer, preferably the latest which you can download from the Sun Microsystems site. Most people will already have this for web-related viewing.
If you are on a Mac preferably unZip using using Stuffit Expander. This will only be necessary if the file has been Zipped, which most-times it won't have been.
Go to Window>Zoom Window to max your screen view.

Left mouse button_hold and drag = turn pages.
Left mouse+Control Key+mouse backwards/forwards =  enlarge to desired screen-fit.
Right Mouse, hold and move = orientation of book adjustment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I didn't know about the Left+Control and Right Mouse moves. That's pretty freaking cool although I warn you....I'm a sucker for cheap entertainment.

frailer

Whatever helps the evening pass. DeskTop Earth says it is there. Full daylight here.   :cheesy:

Joe

Very dark here right now. As in midnight dark. :laugh:

gnubler

Huh?

Do they have the Wombat Widget plugin available in the US yet?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

I think it's still in beta. :tongue: