Daughter was born!

Started by AaronH, October 21, 2019, 01:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronH

Hey guys! I'm back to work now (I got two weeks off), after my daughter was born. She was born on the 6th at 6lbs 3oz. She's super cute!

The hospital stay was longer than normal, at 4 days. Normally they're 24 hours after baby is born, but she had some wobbly blood sugar levels and high risk jaundice levels, so we had to stay longer to make sure her blood sugar stabilized and her jaundice levels started to drop. She had to stay under a light for a couple days, though thankfully in our room.

She has a small heart defect, a VSD or Ventricle Septal Defect, which is a 3-4mm hole in the wall between her right and left ventricles and the cardiologist is monitoring her with a series of ultrasounds to keep tabs on it and see if it heals on its own or if they need to do surgery later. Prayers would be appreciated.

So far life with a newborn is fun, exciting, new and very tiring. The little to no sleep thing is not fictional. I was optimistically hoping it was like a big fish story, you know, everyone has to have the worst whatever experiences. It's not.

I'll try to upload a picture of her if I can figure that out.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

David

Happy Baby B-Day!!!

Congrats on the little girl!!!

Prayers and good thoughts headed your way!!!

Cheers!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

AaronH

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

Praying for your precious little girl!
I pray for healing of her little heart!
what is her name?

You can sleep later when you're older! :laugh:

scottrsimons

Congrats on not being able to sleep soundly for the next 18+ years of your life. But it's for the best reason.

Pray request was just sent for your daughter and family.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

AaronH

Quote from: DigiCorn on October 21, 2019, 02:22:56 PM
Hows the wife, and my kid?

She's doing pretty good. Very tired. The kiddo is doing pretty well too. Her jaundice is clearing up so she's getting more energy and less sleepy all the time.

Quote from: Tracy on October 21, 2019, 02:38:25 PM
Praying for your precious little girl!
I pray for healing of her little heart!
what is her name?

You can sleep later when you're older! :laugh:

Thank you Tracy! Her name is Clementine!

Yeah I've heard I won't be sleeping until she's 18. Probably true too, I'm hoping I get to scare the boys away with my guns. Didn't work for my father in law. We talked about them after I asked permission to marry my wife.

Quote from: scottrsimons on October 21, 2019, 02:41:20 PM
Congrats on not being able to sleep soundly for the next 18+ years of your life. But it's for the best reason.

Pray request was just sent for your daughter and family.

Thank you Scott! Yeah she's worth it for sure! Thank you for the prayer request!

Possum

Prayers from here too. Those little defects do sometimes close up. Maybe she just wasn't fully cooked yet. The jaundice combined with the heart sorta bear that out.
Good thing they caught the heart right to start with so they can keep an eye out.

Oh, forget about the age 18 stuff. I hear they come back at age 19 with a squaller of their own, and it starts all over again.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

AaronH

Quote from: Possum on October 21, 2019, 02:51:18 PM
Prayers from here too. Those little defects do sometimes close up. Maybe she just wasn't fully cooked yet. The jaundice combined with the heart sorta bear that out.
Good thing they caught the heart right to start with so they can keep an eye out.

Oh, forget about the age 18 stuff. I hear they come back at age 19 with a squaller of their own, and it starts all over again.

Thanks Possum! Oh boy, that age 19 stuff sounds fun...

Yeah it's pretty good they caught the heart issue early. They actually caught it while my wife was pregnant. Clementine has always been measuring small so they had us on monthly ultrasounds to chart her growth. She went from the 1.5 percentile at week 20 to the 19th percentile at 37 weeks. She had a single artery umbilical cord which contributed to the small size I think.

Joe

Congrats and prayers are on the way. 18 years are only the beginning of the rest of your life. Kids are cool! And they're pretty cool as adults too.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

AaronH

Quote from: Joe on October 21, 2019, 03:58:41 PM
Congrats and prayers are on the way. 18 years are only the beginning of the rest of your life. Kids are cool! And they're pretty cool as adults too.

Thanks! We're very excited!

delooch

AaronH

frailer

An unforgettable time. Wish you all well... and hope that septum self-heals!
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Slappy

Nice, congrats to you both! If you need a sitter, I'd save Digicorn as the last possible resort.  :rotf:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.