KOMORI KMS 4 NON JOB

Started by AaronH, July 30, 2020, 11:03:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronH

Hey so my pressman on our larger Komori 640 is having a weird issue in his KMS computer. KMS thinks he has a job called NON with no CIP data at all. He can't delete it either. I thought I'd poke around his C: Drive and see if I could find this empty job and delete it from Explorer and I can't find it anywhere.

This doesn't necessarily affect his ability to run his press and it is grabbing new files from our CIP computer so its just odd.

Thanks guys!
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

Joe

Does the name by chance have a . (period) as the first character? On Unix systems that makes it a hidden file. In Explorer make sure it is showing hidden files. If not turn it on and see if you can see it. The other thing that can cause weird issues like this is if the job name has a space as the first or last character of the name.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Reminds me of the time when we first got into variable work and when making the .csv files for the variables, I was naming the folders for them ".csv files".

When I went looking for them I could not see them. I thought I was going crazy. Beware of the dots (.)

:drunk3:

AaronH

Good ideas, I hadn't thought of hidden files. I'll check that out. Thanks Joe and psp!

Joe

By the way if you want to see hidden files on a mac open a finder window and press Command+Shift+Dot. Press it again to hide them again.

David

dot key?

must be one of them newfangled keyboards...

:lmao:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

You know...the one with the dot on it! :P (There are actually two with the dot...either will work) :P :P :P

Possum

It's right next to the Any key.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

David

like this?
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: AaronH on July 31, 2020, 10:54:22 AM
Good ideas, I hadn't thought of hidden files. I'll check that out. Thanks Joe and psp!

Thats pspdfppdfxhd thank you very much!!

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on July 31, 2020, 04:13:58 PM
Quote from: AaronH on July 31, 2020, 10:54:22 AM

Thats pspdfppdfxhd thank you very much!!

We'll just call you Bob. It's easier to say.

AaronH

Well I got rid of the NON job. There was a CIP3 file and JPG for a job that they had deleted from KMS but didn't actually delete from Windows. So KMS thought it was deleted but it wasn't and was sort of showing up in KMS still.

Deleted from Windows and its gone from KMS.