News:

Main Menu

Invisible Pdfs

Started by Tracy, June 29, 2021, 12:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy

Hey I can't see some pdfs in folders and on desktop
I can see them when doing a save as etc... I can see them in the folder

I should be getting a new computer soon, but until then I have to deal with this computer

born2print

do you have dual monitors?
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

Tracy

yes! for the first time ever!

born2print

Try: System prefs / Displays / Arrangement and switch the arrangement, then switch back and see if missing desktop items show up?

Tracy

cool! didn't know that was there not sure yet if it fixed

Tracy

I think that fixed it!
thanks pal!

born2print

pspdfppdfxhd

DigiCorn

Quote from: born2print on June 29, 2021, 01:01:18 PM
wow.

just fucking wow.

if i had a hat on, i'd take it off to you, sir. i would've dove head first into the rabbit hole and thought it was a server/nas connection issue with incorrect clock settings creating a communication wormhole... then taken the red pill, eaten some of the mushroom and chased the white rabbit for a while. you, sir, fucking nailed it, first try, on instinct.

so now, can you tell us why, after 6 days, with 150 missing people, they've only found 11 bodies in that collapsed Florida highrise? what's going on there?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

Thanks, and I would like to claim genius...
but the truth is literally dumb luck. See I do not understand all the things you were thinking of so well, so that helped lead me directly to what turned out to be her issue!  :rotf:
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than smart?

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on June 29, 2021, 11:37:11 PMso now, can you tell us why, after 6 days, with 150 missing people, they've only found 11 bodies in that collapsed Florida highrise? what's going on there?

Must be a lot of people that were on the ground floor that are still buried under tons of rubble. Or it is a government plot to keep a man down.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

Yes, the collapse was a lot bigger than people realize. I also heard there was a fire that slowed-down S&R efforts for a while.

Joe

Not to mention all the water underneath it. Hope they were able to cut power. Electricity and water are a dangerous duo.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

Quote from: born2print on June 30, 2021, 08:51:41 AM
Thanks, and I would like to claim genius...
but the truth is literally dumb luck. See I do not understand all the things you were thinking of so well, so that helped lead me directly to what turned out to be her issue!  :rotf:
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than smart?

and humble too! :)

G_Town

:facepalm:
Quote from: DigiCorn on June 29, 2021, 11:37:11 PM
Quote from: born2print on June 29, 2021, 01:01:18 PM
wow.

just fucking wow.

if i had a hat on, i'd take it off to you, sir. i would've dove head first into the rabbit hole and thought it was a server/nas connection issue with incorrect clock settings creating a communication wormhole... then taken the red pill, eaten some of the mushroom and chased the white rabbit for a while. you, sir, fucking nailed it, first try, on instinct.

so now, can you tell us why, after 6 days, with 150 missing people, they've only found 11 bodies in that collapsed Florida highrise? what's going on there?