Pantone Orange 021 to CMYK

Started by Repro Man, January 21, 2009, 07:09:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

almaink

This is one of the many reasons why I always use the rips color library to separate PMS colors. That way no matter where they come from, they go on the press at the same values.
OS10.6.8  OS10.10.5
Windows 10
Cannon C6000
Oce TDS 860
Kodak Digimaster 9110
Don't Crush That Dwarf, Hand Me the Pliers

Design4Print

Quote from: Repro Man on January 21, 2009, 07:09:46 AMHello!
Maybe you can help me settle an argument before I start it. Maybe you can confuse me some more...
What is the CMYK equivalent of Pantone Orange 021 according to you?
RM
I depends on if its coated or uncoated because the break down will change with each. According to the Pantone Color Bridge PMS Books the color is:

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

I have come up with a CMYK conversion chart you might be interested in.
http://www.graphicdesign4print.com/Pantone/

for the 021 color you have to type in orange instead of 021 for some reason, I'm going to have to fix that.

Joe

Quote from: Design4Print on April 23, 2009, 10:41:18 PM
Maybe you can help me settle an argument before I start it. Maybe you can confuse me some more...
RM
I depends on if its coated or uncoated because the break down will change with each. According to the Pantone Color Bridge PMS Books the color is:

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

for the 021 color you have to type in orange instead of 021 for some reason, I'm going to have to fix that.

Welcome to the forums. Nice conversion page and overall nice looking site you have.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Captain_Type

Esko Automation Engine 23
ArtPro+ 23
Javelin Imagesetter

Design4Print

Quote from: Joe on April 24, 2009, 02:05:36 AM
RM

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

Welcome to the forums. Nice conversion page and overall nice looking site you have.
Thanks! :smiley:

gnubler

RM

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

I'm curious - does this generate different results than getting color values in Photoshop? That's usually what I do.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on April 24, 2009, 10:28:53 AM
RM

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

I'm curious - does this generate different results than getting color values in Photoshop? That's usually what I do.

Good question so I tried it. The website for Orange 021 brings back M=45 Y=86 while Photoshop CS3 brings back M=68 Y=84 for uncoated stock.

gnubler

So which one is the Easy Button?  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

As a designer you know you have to pick the one that fits your mood that particular day. You have to feel it ya know. :tongue:

gnubler

Yeah, I usually go with the one on my slave monitor because the colors "pop" more and evoke feelings of hunger and lust.

Design4Print

RM

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

Photoshop will give you a different formula, every program will give you a different formula, these numbers are from the Pantone Bridge PMS books. One of the reasons I developed this program is because Photoshop was not providing me accurate enough results and I needed to stay consistent and look up numbers quickly. Good Q!

Joe

Quote from: Design4Print on April 24, 2009, 11:31:31 AM
RM

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

Photoshop will give you a different formula, every program will give you a different formula, these numbers are from the Pantone Bridge PMS books. One of the reasons I developed this program is because Photoshop was not providing me accurate enough results and I needed to stay consistent and look up numbers quickly. Good Q!

It sure would be nice though if all of these books and applications used the same numbers. :wink:

Joe

Design4Print

Quote from: Joe on April 24, 2009, 11:38:04 AM
Quote from: Design4Print on April 24, 2009, 11:31:31 AM
RM

Coated= 0, 68, 100, 0
Uncoated= 0, 45, 86, 0

It sure would be nice though if all of these books and applications used the same numbers. :wink:
No kidding! Its all a guessing game int he end. The other useful thing with this utility is when a customer gives you a file that is CMYK and they want to print in PMS and they don't know what color want. You can plug in these numbers and get some results that will get you in the ball park of picking out a PMS color. [/b][/font]

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on April 24, 2009, 11:38:04 AMIt sure would be nice though if all of these books and applications used the same numbers. :wink:

Stop talking such crazy talk! Dreamer.