pc file on a mac type issue

Started by rab, August 03, 2010, 07:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Quote from: determined on August 05, 2010, 10:09:18 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 05, 2010, 09:21:50 AM
Quote from: david on August 05, 2010, 09:19:50 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on August 05, 2010, 09:11:32 AMOne trick is to have a font manipulation app, like Fontographer. I had a TT that displayed the Japanese Yen symbol in place of quotation marks. I opened up the font in Fontographer, and replaced the offending character with the one I wanted and regenerated the font. Not all of us have this option, but it does work.

I agree. Being able to repair a font (used to be part of my job description) is a great asset.
I've done it more times than I can count.

I love Fontographer.

I miss Fontographer (did they ever upgrade to OS X?)
Fontographer 5
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

determined

I guess I'd have a hard time rationalizing spending that to the powers that be (since they just bought FontXChange that can't do half the stuff Fontographer can do)  :sad:
Murphy must have been in printing....

rab

Quote from: Tracy on August 04, 2010, 08:56:34 PMI've seen this too, but with Word. Different versions of programs?

Thanks for all your replies. This is feeling closer to my issue. 

Possum

I get that a lot with booklets where the text is made from Word. I'll just change the font to something similar we have, like our Times for their Times New Roman, or if all else fails, do a find and replace changing just the symbols to another font. You get that a lot with funky internet fonts that someone forgot to include punctuation for when he invented it.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.