CS5... Should we upgrade from CS3 yet?

Started by prepressDog, April 28, 2010, 01:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

youston

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on May 10, 2010, 02:39:01 PMThere's a lot of activity on this thread. Is something amiss? askew?

Oh, Geez ... TIMING, FFS!!  :angry:

David wrapped it up with the heartfelt and heartwarming message, and then I played the credits out with a final joke. Had you posted five minutes earlier, we'd have had to go back and reshoot the entire scene.

There are RULES, you know ... and REGULATIONS!  :angry:

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

DigiCorn

You: What do you do for a living?
Me: I'm a comedian
Me (again): Timing
You: What's the most important thing about being funny?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Possum

I'm getting jealous of Windows users. At least you don't have to buy a new computer every time somebody puts out a new version of software. I just read that CS4 will work all the way back to Windows XP. I just started out at home with a G3 Mac that somebody gave me and some used software, otherwise I may have been a Pee Cee.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

rotarypower3

CS5 works well on my 7 year old PC.   :wink:

Have used.... Linotronic 530/630 │ Hercules50 │ Scitex Dolev 800 │ Scitex PSM 5/6/7 │ BlackMagic │ EFI Colorproof │ Kodak Prinergy  │ Agfa Apogee Prepress  │

Fixing designers junk since '98!

DigiCorn

rotary, what OS? I read it only runs on Vista or W7, not XP.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Forgot I got CS5. I'm going to have to install that tonight.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

rotarypower3

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on May 11, 2010, 07:44:08 AMrotary, what OS? I read it only runs on Vista or W7, not XP.
XP SP3. The only things that wouldn't install were Premier and something else I haven't heard of.
Photoshop is running in 32bit mode, but everything runs just as well as CS4.

Have used.... Linotronic 530/630 │ Hercules50 │ Scitex Dolev 800 │ Scitex PSM 5/6/7 │ BlackMagic │ EFI Colorproof │ Kodak Prinergy  │ Agfa Apogee Prepress  │

Fixing designers junk since '98!

Laurens

I've put a poll on Prepressure.com about upgrading to CS5. Your vote is appreciated.

I am somewhat looking forward to Photoshop CS5 for personal use but wonder how many businesses are going to make the jump. Both CS3 and CS4 are pretty good - anyone should be able to get their job done with them. My guess is that many companies have adopted a policy of skipping one release. Since CS4 hasn't been that popular, it could mean that quite a few companies that stuck to CS3 will upgrade to CS5.
Having fun writing about prepress & printing for my Prepressure site

beermonster

we provide a "service" as prepress - we have to have em all whether we like it or not

personally i dont like it - i like cs3 as its stable and solid.
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Joe

Quote from: Laurens on May 13, 2010, 03:09:02 AMI've put a poll on Prepressure.com about upgrading to CS5. Your vote is appreciated.

I am somewhat looking forward to Photoshop CS5 for personal use but wonder how many businesses are going to make the jump. Both CS3 and CS4 are pretty good - anyone should be able to get their job done with them. My guess is that many companies have adopted a policy of skipping one release. Since CS4 hasn't been that popular, it could mean that quite a few companies that stuck to CS3 will upgrade to CS5.

After Adobe did away with the Printer Partner program about 3 weeks after we had paid for the latest year and plus the fact CS5 is still using Acrobat 9, we won't be getting this version. Plus our entire newspaper department is using G4's with CS3 and no way are we buying new Intel Macs at this time for that whole department.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Possum

Another website said sales figures for even-numbered versions of the Suite were far less than for odd, so it seems many businesses must be skipping versions. Hey, Adobe, doesn't that give you a hint? Like, maybe space it out more? Your customers speak!
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

DigiCorn

I know Adobe is trying to drive sales, but yeah, every couple of years is good for an update. CS4 just came out a year ago, and we didn't upgrade until November.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway