OS X 10.10 'Yosemite'

Started by Joe, June 02, 2014, 12:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Hey Joe...
I downloaded and installed it over the weekend.
Weird, my internet got faster after the install.

other than that, looks cool, need to check out the new stuff
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on October 27, 2014, 10:11:14 AMHey Joe...
I downloaded and installed it over the weekend.
Weird, my internet got faster after the install.

other than that, looks cool, need to check out the new stuff

Yes sir. No problems with it here at home or at work.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

did you notice an increase in your internet speeds?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

I didn't really notice a difference either way.

Syphon

I think I wait until end of year to upgrade my iMac at home. I'm still getting use to Mavericks after moving up from old Mac running Snow Leopard. But do have one question, I'm still using Adobe CS5 and wonder if there is any issues with Yosemite.
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

Joe

Skryber

Here at work, I have my 27" iMac with OS X 10.6.8. I've been bugging them for almost 4 years to get their own mac in here so I can keep mine at home. A guy I used to work with wanted to sell his which is identical to mine so after much bugging, they cave and I got it for $1000 so now I get to take mine home. I'm still using CS5. On this one we just bought, it's running Yosemite and has CS6 installed. I put CS5 on it also and now I want to install CS6 and Yosemite on mine before I bring it home so that they are twinky dinks. All week I've been filing everything so I can set up Time Machine. I find that CS6 crashes pretty often but it may be a network thing.

Anyway, I'm trying to get everything dialed in the way I want it. One thing I can't get is disabling that oh so annoying side scroll. On my mac, I pasted this in Terminal and it disabled it.......

defaults write com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse MouseHorizontalScroll -bool NO

....but on this other mac, it doesn't work. Does anyone have a script that will work with Yosemite? This is enough annoyance to make me want to keep my old op system if I can't figure it out.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Joe

Are you talking about this in your mouse settings?

Skryber

No. I hate when I have Indesign open and I accidentally scroll sideways. That's not the fix.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Skryber

It should be a mouse setting. I'll write to Apple. :death:

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Skryber on December 19, 2014, 02:05:15 PMIt should be a mouse setting. I'll write to Apple. :death:

What mouse are you using?

Skryber

Joe

After you entered:

defaults write com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.mouse MouseHorizontalScroll -bool NO

did you turn the mouse off and then back on and let bluetooth reconnect?

Skryber