GMG Semi Paper vs Proofline Satin

Started by whoami, October 29, 2007, 11:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoami

I have tested the GMG Semi Paper, the paper white is closer to Gracol7 paper white 1.70 Detla E. We are currently using Proofline Satin 2.70 Delta E to GRACol 7 paper white. My boss is pushing to use the GMG paper. There is a huge price difference. Over all the papers are very similar. Which paper should I use?

kermit

Quote from: whoami on October 29, 2007, 11:31:55 AMI have tested the GMG Semi Paper, the paper white is closer to Gracol7 paper white 1.70 Detla E. We are currently using Proofline Satin 2.70 Delta E to GRACol 7 paper white. My boss is pushing to use the GMG paper. There is a huge price difference. Over all the papers are very similar. Which paper should I use?
GMG paper is better. I think you are talking about MidStates ProofLine White Satin 230 or 190 papers? I am using Proofline 230 at the moment and I like it. Proofline 190 is thinner and "bluer" but they don't come close to gmg semi 250.
1) GMG is tested to be below dE 1 from roll to roll.
2) GMG made all the color profiles for you. You don't need to do anything at all except iterate MX3
3) GMG paper is used by thousands of installations worldwide
4) GMG will help you to troubleshoot anything that involves gmg paper as they do all the test with this paper only.
5) GMG paper is more expensive (about 30%) than ProofLine White Satin but this is about $1 per foot of 44" or $0.50-0.60 per foot of 17" paper. Is this so much difference for peace of mind?
6) If you boss wants to pay for it - you are lucky. I am trying to convince my boss to use this paper.
7) GMG paper has the nice "gmg color proof" logo in the back.
8) Nobody can say that you don't have GRACoL or SWOP certified system as this system is certified with this paper. GMG with ProofLine White Satin 230 CAN meet the specs of GRACoL or SWOP but nobody can say that IT IS certified as nobody went through the expense to do so.

Good Luck.
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses