Coroplast sign pricing

Started by Farabomb, November 03, 2017, 06:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

The boss has me looking around for prices for lawn signs. We need the plastic signs with legs 2/2 18x24 in 500/1m qtys. Anyone out there do them for under $4.15 each or is that a decent price?

Seems to be from what I've seen but just wondering.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

email me all the pertinent info for a quote - we do hundreds of those a week. We must have competitive pricing.

printmystuff@pipsac.com
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Just sent it for shits and giggles.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Apparently we're having an email issue. I'll PM you my personal address to resend it.

[edit] Nevermind. I found it in "Junk".
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Alright... talked to the owner here. She said if you are getting them done 2-sided, with the stakes, for that price, run - don't walk - to get them. That's a wholesale price. Our cost to manufacture, with stakes, is $3.50-$4.00 each, and she doesn't want to sell them for almost no profit, plus shipping.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

Totally understandable. That's one thing that me and the boss agree on. There is no point to drop prices to where you make no money just to have the work. Everyone is in a race to the bottom, I just hope we're still around after they all slam into the bottom and get destroyed.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Santa

the big national "trade printer" with a 4 in it would do these for $4.38 per based on 250 qty. With H-stakes. You might qualify for free delivery or pick up in Carlsatdt,NJ

Farabomb

Seeing our main binder and laminator is in Carlsatdt we're there often. The boss is going for a place in TX. Think he's making like $5 on this but whatever, it all adds up.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Tell him to get on it. A few more orders like that, and he could buy dinner... for one.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

David

Quote from: Farabomb on November 06, 2017, 08:08:19 AMSeeing our main binder and laminator is in Carlsatdt we're there often. The boss is going for a place in TX. Think he's making like $5 on this but whatever, it all adds up.

hmmm, I'm in Texas and we do coroplast...

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Under the name dirt cheap signs?

Buy dinner? Ha! We get lunch once a year (christmas) and that's it. Hell, when we used to use a real ink company they'd buy us lunch and he'd glom onto that and call it our holiday party. Yeah, I remember being able to sit down maybe once or twice. We normally had work during the holidays so no break for me.

He calls in the guys for rush work can has NEVER bought coffee. Since he doesn't drink it, nobody else enjoys it or the meaning behind it. Customers come in to stale cake left over from the weekend. He orders out all the time but doesn't involve anyone else. If anyone in production orders food, goes out to the store or whatever others are normally asked if they need anything. I buy bagels about once a month because I like bagels and I know others do too. If this was how he treated his customers I don't know how the hell he kept any of them.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job