Insite users, need help with Port Forwarding

Started by Aaron, December 07, 2010, 09:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: Aaron on December 07, 2010, 12:18:41 PMWell the problem is these settings done seem to work. When I called Kodak he logged in and ran some utility and it said it wasn't gaining access to port 443, even though I have it listed to forward.

Here is the NAT screen. Although I've tried enabling this rule and it didn't work. And when I enabled it, it stop my internet access on the Insite server when I just opened a browser and tried going to yahoo.com or something it no longer connected.

Sounds like I need an actual firewall box huh.

Check all of the other settings pages. There might be something else going on in there causing it to not work.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Aaron

Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Joe

I assume you can access Insite from within your local network?

Aaron

Yup. I just switched the access back to our original ISP. We have 2 ISP's at the moment until the contract runs out for the original ISP. The original ISP put in their own firewall and manage it remotely. So I just called him and told him to put it back. It's working again with.

So, now I will add Comcast right below UpFront to my short but sweet hate list.

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Joe

I would definitely think about getting a firewall product instead of using the very basic one that Comcast gave you.

Good a reasonably priced: Netgear

Best, most options, most expensive: HP or Cisco.

frailer

A beancounter changed ISP cos it's $20/month cheaper?    :undecided:               :punchy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: Aaron on December 07, 2010, 01:16:06 PMYup. I just switched the access back to our original ISP. We have 2 ISP's at the moment until the contract runs out for the original ISP. The original ISP put in their own firewall and manage it remotely. So I just called him and told him to put it back. It's working again with.

Just a thought but did you fiddle with this page any?

Aaron

Actually, our original ISP is about 3 times more expensive than our new. And our new is about 5 times faster. But their tech support blows.

Joe

Quote from: Aaron on December 07, 2010, 01:42:17 PMActually, our original ISP is about 3 times more expensive than our new. And our new is about 5 times faster. But their tech support blows.

Do you have extra external IP addresses to use with your new ISP?

Aaron

Quote from: Joe on December 07, 2010, 01:42:01 PM
Quote from: Aaron on December 07, 2010, 01:16:06 PMYup. I just switched the access back to our original ISP. We have 2 ISP's at the moment until the contract runs out for the original ISP. The original ISP put in their own firewall and manage it remotely. So I just called him and told him to put it back. It's working again with.

I did. Every time I tried to add an IP address I got a message "Local IP's not in the public LAN".

Aaron

Quote from: Joe on December 07, 2010, 01:45:32 PM
Quote from: Aaron on December 07, 2010, 01:42:17 PMActually, our original ISP is about 3 times more expensive than our new. And our new is about 5 times faster. But their tech support blows.

Do you have extra external IP addresses to use with your new ISP?

I do. I have 5 total.

Joe

Quote from: Aaron on December 07, 2010, 01:46:48 PM
Quote from: Joe on December 07, 2010, 01:42:01 PM

I did. Every time I tried to add an IP address I got a message "Local IP's not in the public LAN".

From your screen shots it appears that you are trying to use 192.168.118.x for your internal LAN IP range. Is that the same range that the firewall is set to use when it converts the ISP external IP to your internal address?

Joe

On my Netgear this is taken care of here. This address needs to be in the same range as your other network IP's

Aaron

I think I do. Does this screenshot show what you are talking about? Where does it convert the IP? I thought since everything in the building has a static, you don't convert anything.

Aaron

Quote from: Joe on December 07, 2010, 01:57:28 PMOn my Netgear this is taken care of here. This address needs to be in the same range as your other network IP's

Sorry, just read you message again. I'm pretty sure I have it set correctly. My brain is mush now after a day of this crap.