Insite users, need help with Port Forwarding

Started by Aaron, December 07, 2010, 09:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

Haha. No kidding. And you should have heard the conversation, "You assigned the IP wrong, the first set of numbers should be 70, not 90." Reply, "No, that has nothing to do with it."  :banghead:

I was about to give them a link to this thread!!
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

David

yeah, that first number isn't really used...    :sarcasm:
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

How's that Insite Storefront working out for youse guys?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Aaron

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

mattbeals

A good firewally blocks as much stuff from coming INto the network as it does blocking things going OUT of the network. Generally speaking the firewall you have from Comcast will block everything from coming in except for what you explicitly allow.

I suggest you look at Untangle UTM for firewall/content filter/proxy server. It's a great piece of software that performs a multitude of functions in addition to being a firewall. Spam & virus filtering, content filtering, phishing detection, etc. You can use it as a router itself or as a bridge (man in the middle) network. I get some great deals on hardware that is perfect for an Untangle appliance if you're interested.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Aaron

Thanks Matt. I'll keep that in mind. Going to try to just go with the Comcast Firewall for now. May need to upgrade if we start to host our email internally or need to add more remote access points.

mattbeals

Even if you do NOT host your email internally the spam/phishing protection is still functional. Plus with the web filtering you can block a lot of the ads and spyware/cookies. It's nice to not have to see all the ads on most all websites. Any surfing/downloading/FTP/email that passes through it is automatically scanned for viruses which is a big help. It's pretty straight forward to use. If you are in a situation where you have multiple ISP's or multiple internet connections you can use Untangle to manage what traffic goes to which internet connection, load balance, failover, etc. It's a smart solution for anyone just for the filtering capabilities. All the other stuff is bonus.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.