News:

Main Menu

PDF Print Engine

Started by Falstaff, August 25, 2009, 07:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mwc

Quote from: almaink on December 30, 2009, 02:18:17 PM...Every output device in Rampage needs a shooter...I can't for instance send a file to my HP printer because I didn't pay Rampage for the plugin to do so....

Not true that each output device needs a shooter.....
(granted, rampage does have shooters for many output devices, and even a few digital presses out there...when they do a shooter, it is usually a replacement for an OEM rip/front end / piece of hardware, but you are not limited to a shooter to get Rampage output to devices....but the shooter is generally the best way to do it...provided they support the device you need to control)
WITHOUT a shooter, Rampage has the ability to output separated or composite .ps, pdf, tiff, etc...via RamProof Postscript or Contone Output profiles...(for other RIPS to interpret)
Example:We run a Epson 9880 with Gmg front end that plays very nice with Rampage....Rampage outputs a separated .ps file to a hot folder in GMG that is essentially another RIP for...also, we used to output lasers from Rampage via a RamProof PS file that dropped the files in a folder that our Laser was set to monitor and download/print from...
Your HP printer should work fine with Rampage, as long as you can Queue up a .ps, tiff, or pdf file with it....