Forum > Harlequin

Multiple PDL's error message, rip crash

(1/5) > >>

pspdfppdfxhd:
I'm wondering if anyone has had this problem:

On a certain 8page pdf that was imposed as 1 flat, we encountered an error message of:

Interpreter and renderer for multiple PDLS has encountered an error ...

then the rip crashes. I isolated it to a problem on 2 of the 8 pages. The back of the impositon did not contain those pages and output fine. The postcript error was: offending command Bud1; File;% ip:

The job was proofed through another rip for our color printer named ColorBurst and went through fine.

It didn't matter if the job was trapped or not, these 2 pages made the rip crash. We are running other jobs through without a problem

In the end I had to rasterize the pages in photoshop which made huge tif's (1.6GB) but we had to get the job out somehow. I opened up every link in Illustrator, photoshop etc. looking for something suspicious but found nothing out of the ordinary. Outlined all the fonts etc, etc. Saved as diferent versions of pdf, flattened and with live transparency.

We've had this rip for a few months now and have never encountered this problem

Any help appreciated.

David:
Do the two pages in question have images on them?
Do they have any compression (LZW)?
Are they .tif files, cmyk, or what?
Duotones?  Monotone duotones?
From Quark or Indesign?

Sabrina The Turd Polisher:

--- Quote from: david on October 11, 2011, 09:46:47 AM ---
Do the two pages in question have images on them?
Do they have any compression (LZW)?
Are they .tif files, cmyk, or what?
Duotones?  Monotone duotones?
From Quark or Indesign?

--- End quote ---

I'm guessing Publisher.  :puke2:

pspdfppdfxhd:
No, Indesign 5 and like I said, it went ok through the color burst software for proofing, checked the jpegs no weird compression or anything. The background Illustrator file was used on all 8 pages. The only thing I found weird was all the Illustrating being done right in Indesign. But it was done on all the pages.

pspdfppdfxhd:
one page looked like this, can't copy the pdf up here, exceeds the size limit for the attachment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version