Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Here is my simplified WF's

1. Raster WF

2. Raster Interpreter settings

3. Impo WF

4. Impo Interpreter settings

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

I'm guessing its because yours is a raster WF but when I set up my screen page WF with the link set up like that it creates a link for each tiff (color) that keeps getting overwritten by the next color to be assembled and when its complete I am left with the link file with only one color (the last to be processed).

By putting an order dependency from the Copy tiffs to the make link module I now get all colors in the link eps and everything processes correctly.

Dunno if I have this set up the "kosher" way but its working so I'm a happy camper.

Thanks for your help Joe.

Joe

I'm just wondering why you need links to your one-bit tiffs? Are you doing something with them other than outputting plates? Inquiring minds want to know! ;D

G_Town

Quote from: Joe on December 12, 2007, 11:39:17 AMI'm just wondering why you need links to your one-bit tiffs? Are you doing something with them other than outputting plates? Inquiring minds want to know! ;D

Ok, here goes if we are doing something retarted I didn't set it up!

I've been working with AP for years but am relatively new to Nexus. Ok enough disclaimers.

Once 1-up files have been approved we run them thru a screen page workflow and back them up that way (do a lot of reprints) we started doing this mainly because when I started here prepress were the red-headed step children of the company we were always making file changes on repeat jobs because "we didn't send it to plate correctly".

By doing SP we were able to eliminate that variable to some extent. (believe me the pressroom still tried to blame us).

Anyway once a press form comes our way we drop the link file into powerstepper and point to the screen pages (at least we used to hence this whole excercise).

Please tell me there isn't a whole lot easier way :-[

Joe

Oh, Artpro and Powerstepper are foreign to me. I have no idea if there is a better way or not. We're strictly Nexus raster, impose the low res link files, and then screen one-bit tiffs to CTP.

G_Town

Joe

We place the low res EPS links of the raster single pages in Preps and print to our impo WF.

G_Town

Quote from: Joe on December 12, 2007, 01:14:03 PMWe place the low res EPS links of the raster single pages in Preps and print to our impo WF.

Ahh you are using preps, man theres about as many ways to do things as there are things that can go wrong.

When I first started to use AP many moons ago we got 2 seats with powerstepper and power trapper. At that time we were imposing files on a microassembler and prisma outputting full flats to a dolev800 then burning plates in a frame. Then we went AP/Xitron/dolev route then we got a brisque and a Lotem.

The addition of the Nexus has been kinda weird but I have always used powerstepper since my old shop and new one have internal CAD departments and all layouts are generated by them. You import the Cff2 file from CAD and apply either AP files, eps or PDFs to the layout. I used to drop the AP files directly into the layouts and push Fat PS to the brisque but here we are using the links which speeds things up on the mac quite a bit.

Ok I'm done rambling :P

Joe

Yes, there is definitely many ways to skin these prepress cats. ;D