Crashing acro x & pitstop 10

Started by dledbetter, May 02, 2012, 09:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dledbetter

Are any of you are having problems with actions that you imported from a previous version? have you found that you need to recreate your actions instead of importing what you already made? I have an action to remove pages 3-5 of a 5 page file and acrobat crashes after about I do about 5 files. Before I remake my actions I thought I would ask here first to see if others are having issues.

Thanks!

Joe

Currently, Acrobat X crashes every time I shut it down. Plus it crashes regularly while I'm using it. I've tried removing my Pitstop and Kodak plugins but it still does it so I think it is something with the last Acrobat update. It does the same thing on all of our OS X 10.7.3 macs and removing the Acrobat prefs does not help.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

I have Acro X with Pitstop X on my 10.6.8 Mac and it never crashes.
I have not imported any actions from an older version of Acro yet, so I'm not sure any of this is a help to you.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

dledbetter

I'm on 10.6.8 as well and acrobat crashes more than ever but with this action I am using it crashes quick I guess I will recreate it and hope it will stabilize it some I have 500 - 700 files to preflight and I need this to work if not I guess I will go back to acro 8 and pitstop 7 to get these files out.

Thanks!

t-pat

I'm thinking that some things probably don't translate. Some automation stuff seems to be easier to set up in X over previous versions, once you find where Adobe decided to hide it in this version.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

frailer

Quote from: t-pat on May 02, 2012, 10:58:31 AMI'm thinking that some things probably don't translate. Some automation stuff seems to be easier to set up in X over previous versions, once you find where Adobe decided to hide it in this version.

So true. I may be behind in an Acrobat X update. I may delay it.  :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on May 02, 2012, 09:56:40 AMCurrently, Acrobat X crashes every time I shut it down. Plus it crashes regularly while I'm using it. I've tried removing my Pitstop and Kodak plugins but it still does it so I think it is something with the last Acrobat update. It does the same thing on all of our OS X 10.7.3 macs and removing the Acrobat prefs does not help.
DITTO HERE
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

dledbetter

I'm going to run a font check and see if I have a corrupt font in my system.

frailer

Quote from: DigiCorn on May 02, 2012, 08:30:14 PM
Quote from: Joe on May 02, 2012, 09:56:40 AMCurrently, Acrobat X crashes every time I shut it down. Plus it crashes regularly while I'm using it. I've tried removing my Pitstop and Kodak plugins but it still does it so I think it is something with the last Acrobat update. It does the same thing on all of our OS X 10.7.3 macs and removing the Acrobat prefs does not help.
DITTO HERE

What exact dot update are you crashers on? So I can compare here...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

t-pat

10.1.2 here, some crashes but nonspecific reasons
vdp donkey

Joe

David

stand on one foot, swing a chicken around your head 3 times counterclockwise, while chanting coom-bye-yah

really, don't know why...
You're on Lion right (10.7.xx)?
I'm on 10.6.8, maybe that's it?
Livin' la Vida Loca

t-pat

Quote from: david on May 03, 2012, 01:45:30 PMstand on one foot, swing a chicken around your head 3 times counterclockwise, while chanting coom-bye-yah

no, that's the procedure for getting proper output from Publisher. You need to chant "Day-O" for this one.
vdp donkey