Forum > Agfa Systems

old Apogee PJTF issues

(1/6) > >>

jimking:
Several months ago the mac loaded with preps crashed, it also was a client for Apogee. Our workflow is Apogee 2.5 (old) and purchased from a printer who was going out to business. We had the license transferred. This Apogee workflow was set up to use PJTF templates created from preps. I had to reload preps on the rebuilt mac, however in the device widow there is no option to choose PJTF when creating the template in preps. Used to able to print to PJTF in which one would choose that imposition in Apogee for a particular job. I can make prep templates all day but to not have the ability to create a PJTF file from that template. I've been able to choose existing PJTF files that were created before the crash. Any new PJTF templates I create I can not choose them.

Anyone got a clue? We do not have a contract with Agfa, so, does anyone know of a contractor who knows Apogee who can configure our flow if need be, someone in or near the DC area? All our contacts state they'd have to fly someone from across the US. Thanks all   

Joe:
Not that it helps but the only "PJTF" files I know of in Preps is made when printing from Preps. You can either print a .ps, .pdf, .jdf, or a .pjtf file. A .pjtf file is actually a JDF file but an earlier version than a .jdf file. The only type of template file I know of is a normal Preps .tpl file.

I don't know Apogee but in relation using Prinergy/Preps you create a job in Preps, select a template, and print either a .pjtf or .jdf that Prinergy uses to create the imposition but as far as I know there is no such thing as a .pjtf template.

jimking:

--- Quote from: Joe on July 05, 2012, 10:30:39 AM ---
Not that it helps but the only "PJTF" files I know of in Preps is made when printing from Preps. You can either print a .ps, .pdf, .jdf, or a .pjtf file. A .pjtf file is actually a JDF file but an earlier version than a .jdf file. The only type of template file I know of is a normal Preps .tpl file.

I don't know Apogee but in relation using Prinergy/Preps you create a job in Preps, select a template, and print either a .pjtf or .jdf that Prinergy uses to create the imposition but as far as I know there is no such thing as a .pjtf template.

--- End quote ---

You are correct Joe, I would print from preps to create the pjtf file in which I no longer have that option. I suppose the pjtf file is a link to the template. All I know was in the older days we'd just choose the preps template but this flow, apparently, the previous owner used the pjtf route and it was configured to stay that way.

Joe:

--- Quote from: jimking on July 05, 2012, 10:22:58 AM ---
I've been able to choose existing PJTF files that were created before the crash. Any new PJTF templates I create I can not choose them.

--- End quote ---

So you can still create the .pjtf from Preps but not select it in Apogee?

jimking:
No, I can not create it in preps which is where you want to create it. You then choose it in Apogee. The .pftf option is no longer available in preps. In Preps print dialog box--Device- the only options are Indigo, Generic Postscript printer, 620, 305 and QM. No pjtf option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version