Forum > Agfa Systems

Device setup-Device configuration

(1/4) > >>

jimking:
This post is a continuation of a previous post  https://www.b4print.com/index.php?topic=6876.0 I wanted this post to stand out. My issues are close to being resolved as far as making and mapping the pjtf. My issue now is when I create the pjtf from the template it looses the template's attributes. One can view the results when viewing the pages in the template in Apogee.

In Preps when choosing the new pjtf I get a warning message that says: "The media size of the targeted device is smaller than the press sheet size of one or more signatures."

This leads me to believe it is a "device setup" issue which resides in Preps menu bar under setup. "Device configuration" is then chosen from the "Device setup" window. Can someone please send me their settings in this "Device configuration" window or a snapshot at least?

This software resides on a Mac G-5  OS 10.4.11

Thanks

jim

Joe:
The numbers from another persons devices probably won't work for you unless they have the same exact press with the same exact settings for positioning the work on the plate.

jimking:
That is what I'm thinking. The default was 2x3". I was able to resurect the original Preps that was copied over from the crashed computer but the numbers still do not look correct. What I was hoping to do is use someones setup and see if I can stumble through it and get lucky. I have been in contact with Afga, have paid for service. They will not have nothing to do preps. Lousy CS.

Joe:
So you have it all working except getting the template positioned on the plate correctly? I would use PressSheetSize (that will eliminate that error) and either move the imposition in the template or shift everything in Apogee to position it.

t-pat:

--- Quote from: Joe on October 22, 2012, 03:12:13 PM ---
So you have it all working except getting the template positioned on the plate correctly? I would use PressSheetSize (that will eliminate that error) and either move the imposition in the template or shift everything in Apogee to position it.

--- End quote ---

I second that emotion. We switched to this scheme and it avoids a lot of having to remember to set the media to whatever device it is for.
Any .pjtfs you have from before you did this will need to be remade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version