LINES ON ALL JOBS avantra 44

Started by Alexndirangu, January 24, 2013, 10:08:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexndirangu

HI
We have this problem with our avantra where jobs come out with lines 1mm apart. recently we had to change the pci card on the computer as it was sending only the file size and jo name to the imagesetter. once we bought a new usb apis interface we can now send jobs to the imagesetter but the jobs come out with lines aS though there is a back ground on the job.internal test print on the machine come out well with no lines.
Could the DEC board also was faulty as now all our diagnosis is heading to that board.
we use harlequin and we ahve also teted sending jobs with apogee and the results are the same.

could any have experianced this as we are not sure about the DEC board

any help appreciated

DigiCorn

When was the last time you cleaned the optics?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

andyfest

We had that happen with our Fuji (Screen) platesetter several years ago - fine lines spaced evenly apart thru the image. Turns out that the cleaner hit the connection at the platesetter from the Gateway PC and knocked the cable connector partly out of the input socket. Check all of your connections at both the PC & platesetter ends, esp if you have replaced any boards or have unplugged any SCSI or ethernet cables.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

born2print

Quote from: DigiCorn on January 24, 2013, 10:30:37 AMWhen was the last time you cleaned the optics?
Yes, this is my first thought, when we had an Avantra44 I used to need to (carefully) clean the optics regularly.
The spinning-prism-mirror-thingy? It's been a while...
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Ear

Fine, sharp lines are usually hardware/software glitch. Dirty optics will typically result in soft anomalies or problems with diodes from the machine having to run at higher power to burn through the crud.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Duffy

Quote from: Earendil on January 24, 2013, 02:00:16 PMFine, sharp lines are usually hardware/software glitch. Dirty optics will typically result in soft anomalies or problems with diodes from the machine having to run at higher power to burn through the crud.
:goodpost:
Would more likely be a cable with a broken wire, or bad card, or bad pci slot.
I know he just changed cards but a little static on that card and ....
Eyeballing shit is for titty-bars, NOT laying out files. DCS 7/12

Farabomb

I've gotten them on my ECRM dessert CAT when the temperature is either too high or too low in the plating room.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

I believe it. Usually they give a warning about temp of environment and just shut down. Temp too high or too low will often go along with humidity shift, which can cause static, etc...
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Alexndirangu

thanks all
well we changed the interface from pci to usb. the usb interface came with a new cable. though i haven't checked the cable from the mainboard to the dec board. could that also cause the static.
As for the optics i have cleaned the recently about a week ago.

Ear

Recently changed hardware/connection... problem arises... I'm no CSI but I think we can ID the UnSub.