Forum > Agfa Systems

Avalon B8 24S

<< < (2/3) > >>

Possum:
Just download the PDF. All those glossy brochures we used to print are now online these days.

Farabomb:
Their company logo is low res FFS.

I have to figure out if this includes a RIP and not just a TIFF catcher. If not, the price is a bit nutty.

Joe:

--- Quote from: Farabomb link=msg=278861 date=1459966945 ---
I have to figure out if this includes a RIP and not just a TIFF catcher. If not, the price is a bit nutty.

--- End quote ---

Don't be surprised if it doesn't include the RIP...or the Tiff catcher!

Farabomb:
For $80k+, it should be the whole deal.

But you know it isn't. Looking at it they have another processor included. We just got one a year ago and it's broken more in that year than the kodak and fuji ones I had combined. It eats fuses for the brushes on average one every 4 months. But it's a FREE! unit. Sure it is. And a FREE! stacker that I don't need.

Under Apogee platemaker LE there is AP platemaker LE and AP raster preview. Then ML 150 Gen 9 Server TKS apogee. I'll assume that's the TIFF catcher and only the catcher.

Joe:
Yep that is an HP server which is probably the tiff catcher. 80K probably wouldn't even get you a demo of the Apogee workflow. They priced it to us at $160K and that was 7 years ago. I doubt if it has gotten any cheaper.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version