Preflight for CMYK text/text vectors that should be 100% black

Started by elko, August 17, 2017, 03:33:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elko

Hi

I need to make a preflight. It should warn of any text/text vectors that should have be 100% black but data is CMYK.
There is vectors in the attached example.
Any idea?

pspdfppdfxhd

I'd just look by eye with separations preview in Acrobat grab the fill with pitstop and do a global change to black or whatever color you want to change it to. That's assuming that you have pitstop.

elko

Yes, I have PitStop. I can change it. I need a pitstop preflight that would check these objects and show me a list of them in a report.

Farabomb

Not sure that would be easy. If it's one color breakdown that is consistent then maybe. If it's varying builds then you're going to have a hard time.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, that black in there is 97.4%, if it's 100 pitstop could pick it out as impure black with unecessary CMY in there.

Not sure how you could lower that threshold in the preflight to say like 97 percent or above.?

Joe

If you create a new preflight profile take a look at these two settings and see if that would work. Haven't tried it but it looks like it might.

[attachimg=1 width=400]
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

abc

This might be interesting for you.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq0Ej0OTzYpEh6MVFLQ36GlJjX2Fmw
It's one of the Action Lists that are used in the Ghent Workgroup profiles.
It finds text objects that have a K separation higher than 85%, and a total ink coverage of +280%
With a bit of tweaking and adding LineArt to the party I think this will work for you.

elko

joe: I have an older version, i guess 13. I havent found any check for "rich black".

Joe

If you are referring to my post that is just an Acrobat preflight. Not Pitstop.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

abc

Couldn't resist. This works, at least for the test file.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq0Ej0OTzYpEh6MWGjWzQzIhAkSqMQ

It might be necessary to adjust the the 280% TAC and the 85%K values, but I think this is a very good starting point.
Most of these kind of things are from RGB that get separated to CMYK, so you just need to make sure the values represent the potential ICC profiles.
The GWG did a lot of testing to get to these values, so I think this should pretty much do what you want,

mattbeals

Remap color action list where you look for a cmyk range of 50-80c, 30-50m, 30-50y, 75-100k and remap to 100k
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

elko

abc: Couldnt resist too, but It doesnt work in my case. I dont know whats wrong. I imported the action a tested for the pdf and no reaction..... whats wrong?

elko

I have just found  "Check for Rich Black (K85%, TAC 280%)" in standard action list and this works!! I searched for check for Rich black in preflight and now I can use an action.

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: mattbeals on August 17, 2017, 10:04:44 AMRemap color action list where you look for a cmyk range of 50-80c, 30-50m, 30-50y, 75-100k and remap to 100k

More than one way to skin a cat!!