Forum > Pressroom

New press

<< < (5/6) > >>

Farabomb:
So that's how a modern printshop works? Sorry, I was stuck in 1985.

Marktonk:
Hi G Town,
That is Prinect Inspection Control. It will automatically read sheets and deflect ones that it detects has a problem such as hickey, etc.. Just imagine pharmaceutical having a mark that looks like a period......10.0 mg vs 100 mg. You can set 5 levels of inspection sensitivity so that a very important area can have the highest level of review. Reference becomes the target and the sheet is inspected comparing to the reference.

Best,

Mark

--- Quote from: G_Town link=msg=300302 date=1525726723 ---

--- Quote from: Marktonk link=msg=300284 date=1525485983 ---
I would have to say you have great taste!!! I am a bit biased but that is one hell of a press.

Best,

Mark

--- End quote ---

Mark this comes with a scanning system that scans the sheet and compares to a file from prepress.

They sent me a 12 page document talking reference and inspection level files. I think I get what they are wanting me to send them but I'm not entirely sure.

--- End quote ---

Marktonk:
Hi Andyfest,

This is Prinect Inpress Control. It uses spectrophotometry to read the color bar on the fly. The operator programs the desired Delta E and the press will read the sheets and automatically adjust the ink zones towards the digital master file. Once the Delta E is met, the press will automatically start the good sheet counter, monitor the color and adjust if necessary. This also will read and adjust registration.  The colorbar is smaller then the standard Heidelberg colorbar so it takes up less real estate but as you stated,  it does require a different location so that the spectrophotometers can read it. 

Best,

Mark

--- Quote from: andyfest link=msg=300307 date=1525784438 ---
We are supposed to be getting a new 40 inch Heidy as well. It also has onboard colour management and scanning. However, it will require us to move the colour bars from the traditional tail end of the sheet to the front edge of the sheet. 80% of our printing is repeat jobs, so it looks like it will mean rebuilding every layout template for every job that is to be printed. PITA, but it does take any colour guesswork away from the press crews and should solve about 90% of our rejectable issues for colour or colour variation.

--- End quote ---

Farabomb:
What you're saying is soon we won't need pressmen to run a press? Just need someone to load it?

Crap, that's another job that's going to get dumped on prepress.

But wait, if prepress is printing the job, who is one to complain to that the plates/job/screen/whatever is fucked up?

Joe:

--- Quote from: Farabomb link=msg=300630 date=1527101529 ---
What you're saying is soon we won't need pressmen to run a press? Just need someone to load it?

Crap, that's another job that's going to get dumped on prepress.

But wait, if prepress is printing the job, who is one to complain to that the plates/job/screen/whatever is fucked up?

--- End quote ---

You're looking at it all wrong. This just give prepress more things to be blamed for.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version