Forum > Pressroom

New press

<< < (2/6) > >>

Tracy:
wowieeee! shoo wee, you guys hiring? :laugh:

G_Town:

--- Quote from: Marktonk link=msg=300284 date=1525485983 ---
I would have to say you have great taste!!! I am a bit biased but that is one hell of a press.

Best,

Mark

--- End quote ---

Mark this comes with a scanning system that scans the sheet and compares to a file from prepress.

They sent me a 12 page document talking reference and inspection level files. I think I get what they are wanting me to send them but I'm not entirely sure.

ninjaPB_43:

--- Quote from: G_Town link=msg=300302 date=1525726723 ---

Mark this comes with a scanning system that scans the sheet and compares to a file from prepress.

--- End quote ---

Awesome checkpoint - however - wouldn't it be better if the RIP would do this prior to plating and making it out to press?

andyfest:
We are supposed to be getting a new 40 inch Heidy as well. It also has onboard colour management and scanning. However, it will require us to move the colour bars from the traditional tail end of the sheet to the front edge of the sheet. 80% of our printing is repeat jobs, so it looks like it will mean rebuilding every layout template for every job that is to be printed. PITA, but it does take any colour guesswork away from the press crews and should solve about 90% of our rejectable issues for colour or colour variation.

Joe:
We only buy recycled presses here. :cheesy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version