News:

Main Menu

Moving one line of text

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, March 17, 2020, 06:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Has anyone ever run in to this?

I need to move one line of text in a large pdf, it's a date line ie. "March 2020" that has to go up about 1/8 inch to make sure it does not appear in a window envelope when inserted.

I've been looking through pitstop action lists, etc. to no avail.

Any advice appreciated!

zox

You can do it in Pitstop.
It depends on how the PDF looks like but thought that comes to my mind is to "move selected area".
I think this is one of the new features of 2019, I might be wrong.
You can do selection inside the page and tell Pitstop to move everything inside that selection, etc...

I hope this helps

pspdfppdfxhd

Oy, that might be out of reach for us using Pitstop 13

zox

You can take advantage of Pitstop trial, also in another thread, ABC posted that Enfocus generously is giving away time limited Pitstop keys during this pandemic.
Turn virus into positive thing, curtesy of Enfocus :) :afro:

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on March 17, 2020, 06:01:02 AM
Has anyone ever run in to this?

I need to move one line of text in a large pdf, it's a date line ie. "March 2020" that has to go up about 1/8 inch to make sure it does not appear in a window envelope when inserted.

I've been looking through pitstop action lists, etc. to no avail.

Any advice appreciated!

Pickup phone. Call person that did it. Tell them to fix and re-send. BADA BOOM...I'm here all week folks.

Sounds like you are due for an update. Pitstop 2020 comes out in about a month. This version does some very cool stuff. Might even cure Coronavirus.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

I will request an upgrade when we get moving here. (aka. busy again).

Jobs are coming but everything seems to be moving very slowly. Lots of clients working from home which might really mean they are "drinking".

Gym is closed, no sports to watch, wife works for a hotel chain and they are deader than dead. Can't go to restaurants, etc. etc. etc. It's feeling dismal around these parts and probably everywhere else.

On the bright side, there is a lot less traffic and we have enough TP to last at least a month

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: zox on March 17, 2020, 06:49:47 AM
You can take advantage of Pitstop trial, also in another thread, ABC posted that Enfocus generously is giving away time limited Pitstop keys during this pandemic.
Turn virus into positive thing, curtesy of Enfocus :) :afro:

Can you run the trial while having 13 installed? I should find out.

DCurry

I've got Pitstop 13. It can do this - in the action list builder window under Position and Size is an option called Select Objects Inside or Outside Region. Once you get that part dialed in you then add a Change Position step.

You could also potentially select by font or type size, but only if your criteria isn't also used elsewhere on the page.
We're slow right now - I'd be happy to see if I can get it to work for you if you send me a few pages.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

pspdfppdfxhd

Oh, God bless you, I have a lot of time on my hands so I will give it a go. Thanks!

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on March 17, 2020, 07:25:55 AM
I will request an upgrade when we get moving here. (aka. busy again).

Jobs are coming but everything seems to be moving very slowly. Lots of clients working from home which might really mean they are "drinking".

Gym is closed, no sports to watch, wife works for a hotel chain and they are deader than dead. Can't go to restaurants, etc. etc. etc. It's feeling dismal around these parts and probably everywhere else.

On the bright side, there is a lot less traffic and we have enough TP to last at least a month

It will install over and replace Pitstop 2013.

Joe

Quote from: pspdfppdfxhd on March 17, 2020, 07:25:55 AMJobs are coming but everything seems to be moving very slowly. Lots of clients working from home which might really mean they are "drinking".

Files should be better then. Everyone knows the more you drink the smarter you get.

born2print

...and the more attractive you get  :rotf:
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

pspdfppdfxhd

No, the more attractive SHE gets!

pspdfppdfxhd

Quote from: DCurry on March 17, 2020, 07:46:20 AM
I've got Pitstop 13. It can do this - in the action list builder window under Position and Size is an option called Select Objects Inside or Outside Region. Once you get that part dialed in you then add a Change Position step.

You could also potentially select by font or type size, but only if your criteria isn't also used elsewhere on the page.
We're slow right now - I'd be happy to see if I can get it to work for you if you send me a few pages.

Thanks DCurry, I was not using the "move" function after the select function. Duh! Thanks again!!!!

DCurry

Glad to help. It's slow here.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!