Need to add page number to odds but not skip numbers

Started by DCurry, April 21, 2020, 02:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Maybe once or twice a month. Sensitive data. So far it's been a couple thousand or less.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

scottrsimons

Maybe try Fiverr.com and have someone write a script or something that will accomplish this task for you. I have used their services before for another project, and it only ending up costing $20. Far less than the couple of hours I wasted trying to figuring out how to do it myself. And I still wasn't able to do it.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

delooch

i was going to suggest creating a 2-page master in InD, and create a datalist with your numbers., number the first page, second page blank..

merge that to a pdf, and then you can add it as an overlay layer to your main document.

Acrobat can do this for 1 page as default, not sure how to do multiple in Acrobat, but I know you can do it on multiple with a script - but that's over my head.

I'm occasionally guilty of using sites like ilovepdf.com and tools.pdf24.org -  don't dare upload anything sensitive, but they have a "pdf overlay" function that will merge your original pdf with the numbered pdf you created - and it works.

i happen to be in the shop today, and my test files on my home PC, but ill attach it later -

pspdfppdfxhd

Quite imposing will do the pdf overlay type thing as well, you can skip pages also, last week i used pitstop to %u201Cadd letterhead%u201D to insert a graphic on each page. Not sure if it is related to numbering however. Quite does a great job for doing numbering, i used it once to setup sequential numbering on 4 page documents and you can add a prefix or a suffix. I do not own shares in Quite, it%u2019s just a great pdf tool is all.

pspdfppdfxhd

Whoa, not sure why all that jibberish came in my post.

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

born2print

DCurry

Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

born2print

pspdfppdfxhd

pspdfppdfxhd

nope, must have beenin the edit message. Lets see...%u201Dquote%u201D.

pspdfppdfxhd

born2print

yup. every email response I get from my mom looks like that and she uses iPhone or iPad 99.9% of the time

pspdfppdfxhd