Top 5 reasons that the customer is NOT always right

Started by andyfest, July 16, 2014, 07:55:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: youston on July 17, 2014, 06:42:13 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 17, 2014, 06:39:20 PM
Quote from: youston on July 17, 2014, 06:36:18 PM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 17, 2014, 06:33:45 PM
Quote from: youston on July 17, 2014, 06:30:20 PM"Impacted" is used in a regrettable way in Star Wars.  :cry:

I had to think about that one, you're correct. I glossed over that on my recent watching with the boys.

That was the example pointed out to us in a news writing class I took. I cried for DAYS.  :cry:

I probably never would have heard it, if you hadn't brought it up. :sad:

Well, now you're feeling my pain. Brings us closer.  :kiss:

That it does, my friend, that it does. :wink:
Member #285 - Civilian

youston

... and they lived happily ever after.

I'm out, fellas. I guess I truly am a part-timer.  :sleepy:

Joe

Quote from: youston on July 17, 2014, 06:49:54 PM... and they lived happily ever after.

I'm here until 2:00 am. Stop in and say hi if you have to get up and go pee.

:lmao:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: youston on July 17, 2014, 06:49:54 PM... and they lived happily ever after.

Man, it's only 8... the fun is just beginning! :shoots_self:

Have a good night, buddy. :hello:
Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

Quote from: youston on July 17, 2014, 06:13:22 PM... and by 'better classes' I mean the literate ones.  :tongue:

You do know I was using the Weird Al video as a lesson, right?  :embarrassed: ...big meanie.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

DigitalCrapShoveler

Look who my mom dragged in? I thought you were impacted for the next 3 days?
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Wow! Wookie sighting after 8:00 pm is rare. I probably should buy a lottery ticket.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Probably... don't think you're getting off the hook. :toaster:
Member #285 - Civilian

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

8:00 central | 7:00 mountain | 6:00 pacific

Still rare.

:tongue:

DigitalCrapShoveler

Agreed. He's watching Game of Thrones and fingering his iPhone. He keeps e-mailing me. Very clingy, that baboon. :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 17, 2014, 08:06:04 PMAgreed. He's watching Game of Thrones and fingering his iPhone. He keeps e-mailing me. Very clingy, that baboon. :laugh:

:lmao:

Lunch time....

DigitalCrapShoveler

That reminds me, I'm starving. I haven't eaten all day. I swear, the first person I run into I'm taking a bite out of.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

I'm glad I'm on the east coast. I'm too fatty anyway.

I have a set of diamond stones that I use at home. They do a good job but the belt is better. The belt grtis go beyond waht you can get in normal wet/dry paper. Some feel like there is no grit at all.

I used to to use the glass and sandpaper tecnique when I was overclocking computers. In otder to ge the best hear transfer from the core to the heatsink I would lap the bottom of the heatsink until it was dead flat. When the P4 came out with the integrated heatspreader I'd lap that too. Then a miniscule layer of heatsink compound.

Pro tip, in a pinch you can use almost anything for a heatsink compound. It's just to fill the airgaps between the heatsink and the core. I wouldn't sugguest anything conductive though. It could short something.

Yeah, I was very single when I was doing all this. Much, much more time on my hands.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

maxpower

90% of clients in the printing industry are pains in the ass, pests, they pressure you to get the work done and dont pay for 2-3 months, it must be a common assumption that printers are banks.