Fetch not fetching

Started by G_Town, February 06, 2008, 08:59:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G_Town

All of a sudden my fetch will only download 1 file at a time, it just hangs at the end of downloading the first file hell even the little flea bag stops running.

I happens on multiple ftp sites. Not sure what to check.

:huh:

Zimmy3

Try RBrowser,I like it alot better than Fetch.

http://www.rbrowser.com/
Because it feels good !

G_Town

Quote from: Zimmy3 on February 06, 2008, 09:02:33 AMTry RBrowser,I like it alot better than Fetch.

Yea I used to use transmit but they have already purchased a couple of fetch licenses so I'm kinda stuck with it for now.

Zimmy3

Quote from: G_Town on February 06, 2008, 09:48:39 AM
Quote from: Zimmy3 on February 06, 2008, 09:02:33 AMTry RBrowser,I like it alot better than Fetch.

Yea I used to use transmit but they have already purchased a couple of fetch licenses so I'm kinda stuck with it for now.

RBrowser is free for FTPing.
Because it feels good !

Joe

CyberDuck is free too but as far as Fetch have you tried dumping the prefs?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Joe  on February 06, 2008, 10:29:58 AMCyberDuck is free too but as far as Fetch have you tried dumping the prefs?

I think that should help it, if not its easy to replace it in the applications folder.. with a fresh install.
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

gnubler

I know you purchased licenses for Fetch, but why...

I use FireZilla on PC (free) and FireFTP on Mac (free). If Fetch keeps giving you problems, at least you have some free alternatives.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

LRob

Had the same thing happen to me. Dump the pref doc that is in the user's library(mac).

Slappy

A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

frailer

Using FileZilla here too, on Mac. All good!...if the Prefs dump doesn't work on your current....then maybe worth a try.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

jezza

Just to re say what's already been said, if dumping prefs don't help, head straight for Cyberduck
one sick prepress mofo

Zimmy3

Quote from: jezza  link=topic=1111.msg12442#msg12442 date=1202364298Just to re say what's already been said, if dumping prefs don't help, head straight for Cyberduck
Just wonderin, why is Cyberduck better than RBrowser?
Because it feels good !

jezza

I wouldn't say it was better, they perform the same function equally well. It's down to personal preference I suppose, but with Cyberduck, you get a cute little rubber duck in your dock :)
one sick prepress mofo

Zimmy3

Quote from: jezza  link=topic=1111.msg12449#msg12449 date=1202389765It's down to personal preference I suppose, but with Cyberduck, you get a cute little rubber duck in your dock :)
aaaaaahhhh,I see :grin:
Because it feels good !

David

Cyberduck here as well!

and I have a cute duck to boot!  oh my!
Keep it next to my Automator Icon (cute robot)

We also use Transmit, Fetch and FTP pro (for all you serious FTPers).

Fetch has the cute little running doggie. Years ago, one of the ops here got into ResEdit and changed the little doggie icon to a dog with some anatomical parts (kinda like a fifth leg, if you can imagine).
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca