News:

Main Menu

REQ: Simplify a PDF

Started by Slappy, February 01, 2018, 09:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on February 01, 2018, 12:50:17 PM
Quote from: Slappy on February 01, 2018, 12:48:22 PM
Quote from: Joe on February 01, 2018, 12:17:50 PMWell bless that designers little heart for creating those 999 trillion vector lines! >:(

An action list has been processing for a while now. Will it get done today?
I'm thinking - not. It's a right bastard. I'm pulling them apart & rasterizing just the "wave" parts as best I can just in case.

Yeah it eventually locked up Acrobat.
lol, Rest in Peace!  :lmao:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Farabomb

I got an hour to kill, I can give it a try.

Sorry I wasn't on before. Too busy doing the fired guy's work.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

andyfest

Wow, that's an unbelievable amount of vector juice. I wonder WTF the designer was thinking (or not). I've seen files with far less complexity kill Nexus so I'm not even going to try and input/optimize. I would be of the same opinion re: segregate the "wave" portions out and raster them.
:shoots_self:
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Farabomb

I have a tiny .75x.75 tag I do with a tiny logo. It is CHOCK full of points. Guess what happens when I put 360+ of them up on a sheet?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

A unicorn flies out of your monitor pooping Twinkies?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

Quote from: andyfest on February 01, 2018, 02:02:17 PMI would be of the same opinion re: segregate the "wave" portions out and raster them.
Much as I dreaded doing it, and 1.5 hrs (of un-billed time) later got it all dissected, reassembled and threw that pile o'crap back through the RIP. Made sure the Bossman knew about it too, because he's making noise like this could be a recurring set of jobs. Next time I'm rasterizing the entire thing, no more making semi-pretty.

Thanks to all for giving it a shot, Friday drinks are on me!!  :drunk3:  :drunk3:  :drunk3:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

StudioMonkey

Jpeg that shit, boot it back to the customer, and say 'this is what it comes out like - try something else'.
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Tracy

Hopefully the Vector swirls will be the same and you can reuse your images!

ninjaPB_43

If it's going to be recurring - get out ahead of it now and educate the customer/designer so that it comes in clean next time...  
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: ninjaPB_43 on February 02, 2018, 09:00:37 AMIf it's going to be recurring - get out ahead of it now and educate the customer/designer so that it comes in clean next time... 

....I'm trying my best to hold a straight face here.  :lmao:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Joe

It reminds of the Prinergy artwork.

abc

Ohh this is just perfect!
Can you ping this to me please?
Got something that might just do the trick here!
andrewb@enfocus.com

abc

Thanks for those, development are going to love them!!

Slappy

Ddi you get the link? I'll send through PM if not, they're nasty!!

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on February 02, 2018, 09:16:26 PMDdi you get the link? I'll send through PM if not, they're nasty!!

I sent him the link.