News:

Main Menu

Screen PTR-4100

Started by Grimace, May 10, 2011, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

If it's right on the edge of the page, it sure looks like you have a frame or a stroke in the page file.
does it appear in the same place on all the plates?
any color?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Grimace

Quote from: david on May 11, 2011, 11:11:37 AMIf it's right on the edge of the page, it sure looks like you have a frame or a stroke in the page file.
does it appear in the same place on all the plates?
any color?

I know what it looks like. But really and truly there is no anything in the files.
I can create a new file, any size and just type the work "test" or draw just a box, any color, any document color mode, any file type etc..
And I get the line.

DigiCorn

Our PlateRite is prone to the occasional "hot spot," but I don't think I ever got a line like that. I used to see lines like that on the Palladio. On the Palladio it's due to dust on the optics. Using a dust free, quick drying alcohol wipe (special optic cleaning pad like this one: http://www.harmonycr.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=200000-1135811874) clean the mirrors/optics. It's accessible from the panel on the right hand side of the machine as you're facing the plate loading area. Then, take the back panel off and wipe down the cylinder that the plate wraps around. Leave no dust anywhere, and don't touch anything (especially the laser/mirror/optics). You CAN do this yourself, but if you scratch the mirror/optics, game over. You might want to have it professionally serviced.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

is your page file imposed?
have you checked to see if there is anything in the impose file?

and, before they are exposed, have you looked at the plates to make sure there is nothing on the plate like a scratch or anything?
Livin' la Vida Loca

Grimace

Well, maybe it's due to something on the lens or whatever, but it is exactly the distance of the page edge.

Last night I imaged a couple of plates for our Komori and they ran great.
I come in this morning and I can't get a Komori plate to image.
I'm getting an error that states "Image size specified by host computer is larger than allowable output image size"
So, I think I sent the file the wrong orientation, landscape vs portrait. But no matter how I send the file I get the error.
The preview confirms the orientation, and I ran the files from last night and get the same error.
I thought maybe my coworker f'd with the settings, but even starting from scratch will not work.

I'm getting really bummed out.

Grimace

Quote from: david on May 11, 2011, 12:39:56 PMis your page file imposed?
have you checked to see if there is anything in the impose file?

and, before they are exposed, have you looked at the plates to make sure there is nothing on the plate like a scratch or anything?

All good guesses. Not imposed, no scratch. just a perfect straight clean line where the page edge would be.

DigiCorn

Quote from: Grimace on May 11, 2011, 12:44:47 PMWell, maybe it's due to something on the lens or whatever, but it is exactly the distance of the page edge.

Last night I imaged a couple of plates for our Komori and they ran great.
I come in this morning and I can't get a Komori plate to image.
I'm getting an error that states "Image size specified by host computer is larger than allowable output image size"
So, I think I sent the file the wrong orientation, landscape vs portrait. But no matter how I send the file I get the error.
The preview confirms the orientation, and I ran the files from last night and get the same error.
I thought maybe my coworker f'd with the settings, but even starting from scratch will not work.

I'm getting really bummed out.
Did you double check the Komori plate settings on the Screen touch screen panel? Maybe it lost it's settings somehow. I'm plating something right now, or I'd give you the dimensions we're using.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

you're cursed....

or you have gremlins.

have you tried to reboot the RIP?
Livin' la Vida Loca

Grimace

DERP!
:death:
figured out my problem, I changed the profile in the Harlequin to the wrong setting when I was setting up another device...
My fault totally.

But, I still have the damn line. Could it be that the as setting defining the media type or plate setting may have the wrong offset and creating this?
I'm a little gun shy to start changing values I didn't input in the first place.

t-pat

I seem to remember having issues with dirty optics doing something like this on a screen machine I dealt with too regularly to want to remember. Ablation on the lens or something. Wasn't real hard to clean though

Also issues with dirt on the drum causing hot spots as the screen unit in question, I was told it did not dynamically focus like our beloved Kodak units.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

t-pat

I happen to know one of the lead techs for Screen too, but he's in Brazil on a service call currently, so probably no help :)
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

frailer

D'ya reckon he'll get a Brazilian while he's there?  (Forgive me, have to attend a funeral today, so a little unhinged...  :embarrassed: )  :slapownwrist:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Quote from: gnubler on May 11, 2011, 06:10:08 PM:offtopic:

Er...yes. Already did the guilt thing, above.   Any other purpose in stating the obvious?    :undecided:    Just bored?  That's OK, then.    :cheesy:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Joe wasn't around. Just trying to keep the boards clean.  :angel:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david