Strange email from "Adobe"

Started by AaronH, July 17, 2018, 02:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

You know when we first signed up for CC we asked why we couldn't just use individual accounts and they gave us the spiel of how much easier it is to manage and then gave us the team accounts for the same price the individual accounts were at the time which was an upgrade. But it wasn't against the Terms of the Service at the time. They just discouraged it. Once again they change the rules in the middle of the game.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pabney

I would ask them EXACTLY where in the terms of service this is. If it is in there, they should be able to give you exactly where it is at.

mc hristel

Quote from: AaronH on July 18, 2018, 01:18:06 PMYeah once I confirmed it through talking to Adobe through a chat on their site. Turns out that we're violating their Terms of Service by using licenses intended for freelancers.  :facepalm: So yeah. Really fun.

Violating the Terms of Service? You could just claim that all the users in your office actually are freelancers. It's not your fault that you all just happen to work in the same office, and have long term contracts with the same employer.

Farabomb

Quote from: pabney on July 18, 2018, 03:34:57 PMI would ask them EXACTLY where in the terms of service this is. If it is in there, they should be able to give you exactly where it is at.

The best place to hide a body is either in the EULA or the second page of google. Nobody would ever find it.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job