News:

Main Menu

OptiRange Settings

Started by T, September 20, 2007, 06:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T

I have Nexus 8.5.2. In the Assemble Separations module, change Symphony Controls, Change OptiRange, Magenta Override, I'd like to just change or isolate the Magenta color settings from the others. I make the settings I want and close the windows. But when I open the windows back up the setting I chose won't hold. It just goes back to the default. Is there something I'm missing? I tried making a fresh workflow, but the setting won't stay. Any insight?

T

whoami

Well we have been having an enormous amount of problems as well with 8.5.  One thing I did notice is that when I set all my preferences in the expose epson module and I closed it and opened it again all my settings were gone.  The problem was that everytime that you would open the module it defaults back to the original settings.  What I did is that I set all my preferences and noted down on a piece of paper what I changed.  From there I closed that window and right clicked on the expose epson module and chose "save parameters to xml".  I saved the xml file on the desktop and dragged that into my Nexus Manager icon.  Nexml editor should pop up with all the different preferences in that module.  Double check that your settings you chose are in there.  If they are then you should be able to set your optirange settings the way you want as long as you don't open the module back up.  So it's basically just set it and don't open it back up or you have to set it again.   If your settings are not in the xml files then you know your module is not accepting those settings and you should email support and let them get on it.   I believe rev 3 should be out any day now as well so you may want to wait for that.  Let me know how it works out. 

T

I just changed the Magenta on the fly in the Queue. That seems to work, but it would be nice if you could set the options and have it retain the settings? I did present it to support and it's been passed onto development. I hope r3 is better. This is the first issue I've run into with r2 (except it seems to freeze more often)

T

Joe

Are you still making rasters? There is a problem with the trapping module which keeps me from thinking about using r2. Also errors in the PSTI module plus files hang in the interpreter for no apparant reason. In my situation it's completely useless.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

T

About 90% PDF Total Rip and 10% raster. But I haven't had issues trapping raster (yet)

T

Joe

Is your RIP Mac or PC? If PC are you on 2000 or 2003? I'm on WIN 2003 and support was able to replicate the trapping problem. They say some people are getting the PSTI errors and some aren't. They say the files hanging in the interpreter are hanging in the flattener.

T

The RIP is a PC WIN2003. I haven't had any issues ripping raster yet, and the flattening I usually have off cause we would print PS anyway when using this workflow. I've never had luck dropping a PDF on the a raster workflow. Total RIP for all PDFs (and Total RIP has been good so far)!!

Joe

Have they improved the speed of Total RIP yet?

Also, that was supports recommendation. Turn off the flattener. Problem is, I've turned it off and I'm still getting PDF's that hang in the interpreter and never errors out, no messages, no nothing.

T

The speed is right up there with PS - raster. (I do run in to an occasional "Out of Memory") We run large format work (some PDFs are 1GB or over) How do you write your PDFs? Or are they client supplied? I find that if you clean up the files colors and layer (getting rid of anything extra) Outline all fonts, and embed all cts, then write the PDF. it seems to streamline the process. It doesn't have to vectorize any fonts (it's already done) and embedding the CTs seems to speed it up??? (I don't know why, though) Of course if you print a postscript the font thing is done already. I've read on the other Prepress site of issues with the raster workflow using 8.5.2

http://printplanet.com/discuss/thread.jspa?threadID=487&tstart=0

T