What Email Clients do you use?

Started by Aaron, August 07, 2014, 12:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron

So we use FrontRange Goldmine for our CRM. Been getting tired of their lack of response on feature requests and high "maintenance" cost. Plus Goldmine has all these other features we don't even touch!

What do you guys use? We need something that keeps a database of emails sent. So we can look through the history of a contact and see old emails. Office 365 doesn't appear to show email history. And I can't get Google Apps to even let me test it! So don't know if they keep a database or not.
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Joe

Just Apple Mail here which probably is a mistake. I think there is actually a requirement by the feds of keeping all email for companies of a certain size. This is what happens when you don't have a real IT department.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Ring up the NSA. I bet they have a nice database on you.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

maxpower

we use outlook, best client ive used, only on PC though, its shit on macs.

DCurry

I use Mail at work and at home. Never had a problem with it, really.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Aaron

But you don't get any archived emails in Mail or Outlook. How do you look back at something you said in a previous email to CYA?

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

maxpower

outlook does archives, all clients use a database, just there own kind.

Aaron

Outlook archives? I thought you just worked in your inbox and when you were done with an email you had to delete it? How does it archive the emails?

maxpower

it has archive settings, ie, put all emails +6 months old into archive, its still searchable. You could always use IMAP and just keep them on the server too.

DigiCorn

Thunderbird also does archiving. I had to do a disaster recovery once, and it was remarkably easy to recover my email.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Designia(o_O)

I've been using Thunderbird for years, at work and home no problems. I remember I had problems with proofs using Apple Mail. Or maybe it was attachments in general. I can't remember what the problem was now.

Farabomb

I use apple mail (imap) here and have about 900 emails in my inbox. Yearly I go through and clean out what I think I'll never need again.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

I have every email since January of 2008.

Back when we used to archive work to tape, one of the tapes broke. We lost about 200 jobs. Some of them have come back for reprint. In some cases, thanks to those old emails, I have the attached art files.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Aaron

Quote from: DigiCorn on August 07, 2014, 02:23:33 PMI have every email since January of 2008.

Back when we used to archive work to tape, one of the tapes broke. We lost about 200 jobs. Some of them have come back for reprint. In some cases, thanks to those old emails, I have the attached art files.

In your inbox though right? Goldmine is cool in that you can file an email to someones history and you can look at that particular contact and see all the emails anyone in the building has sent to this person.