Scale oversize pages inside an 8000+pg file

Started by Slappy, December 18, 2019, 03:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Got a steaming pile that's about 8200 pages, within that PDF there many pages that are say 36x24" so they'd need to be rotated AND scaled to 8.5x11" - doable?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Create a new action and start with Select by Page Size and enter you dimensions in there for the 36 x 24 pages. Then you should be able to scale and rotate the selected pages. Pretty easy I think.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

delooch

yep.  I have a "preflight fixup" - in DC

I get a weekly 1800 page whopper with random sizes that needs to be normalized to LTR or 11x17, i use a "preflight fixup" - at least thats how i learned it - same as an action?

i have it scale anything under LTR size to LTR, and anything over LTR to 11x17 - this reduces all the maps and other bullshit people dont pay attention to, works like a charm.

cant remember exactly how i did it but heres a screenshot:

DigiCorn

ditto ^

You can create your own and save them for later use as well, like he said. I usually take a similar described fixup and modify it, then save it with a new name.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway